Main Menu

I like the new Look!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 02 February, 2023, 01:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I've just spent a pleasant half-hour or so rummaging through the new look forum and I think it's pretty Zarjaz.

Well done, team, you deserve an extra oil break for this - but Tharg probably won't allow it, miserable robo-enslaver as he is!

(However, I do miss the "Active Topics" page.)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Reminds me of the last.fm website (except there's no 'black' mode that I can find!)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 February, 2023, 01:12:06 PM(However, I do miss the "Active Topics" page.)

Yes, the look is nice, but I find navigating quite difficult without the 'Active Topics' option (as I did whenever the last time we had an upgrade/update and the function went AWOL for a bit). 'Updated Topics' doesn't seem to do the same thing.

Can I make a plea for its reinstatement, if humanly (droidly?) possible...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

I like the new quick reply as well. Good job team
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

I'm with everyone else block! Looks a lot more modern.
I'm glad the avatars have stayed too: having them back the last couple of days has definitely enhanced the forum experience. It's always nice to put a weird picture to a name
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

It looks so raw! but LFC colours so...

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 February, 2023, 01:36:31 PMYes, the look is nice, but I find navigating quite difficult without the 'Active Topics' option

'Active Topics' is pretty much all I ever use - I'd like to see it reinstalled if possible too.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 February, 2023, 01:45:06 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 February, 2023, 01:36:31 PMYes, the look is nice, but I find navigating quite difficult without the 'Active Topics' option

'Active Topics' is pretty much all I ever use - I'd like to see it reinstalled if possible too.

Always found 'Unread Posts' much more useful than Active Topics. Which is fascinating as I know I'm in the minority there.

JohnW

I see our gold stars have been replaced by bland yellow boxes.
Yesterday we looked like US admirals or McDonalds employees. How do we measure our status now?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 February, 2023, 01:50:17 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 02 February, 2023, 01:45:06 PM

Always found 'Unread Posts' much more useful than Active Topics. Which is fascinating as I know I'm in the minority there.

You are not on your own my first goto action
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JWare on 02 February, 2023, 01:59:14 PMI see our gold stars have been replaced by bland yellow boxes.
Yesterday we looked like US admirals or McDonalds employees. How do we measure our status now?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Ohhhh now has a much less faffy way to add links RESULT. This is fantastic... well assuming it works...

lovely lovely feature...

The Legendary Shark

And with videos too, we're being spoiled.

Time to put a stop to that right away... :lol:

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

pauljholden

I'm feeling very discombobulated...

Though it's nice to get an avatar back (this is the photo my wife took of me the day Andy Diggle said he'd give me some work at the first Dredd Con in 2000?)

nxylas

Like any change, it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but it certainly feels a little more this century. Just because the comic is called 2000AD, it doesn't mean that the forum should look like it was designed then.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!