Main Menu

Someone Should Tell....

Started by Lobo Baggins, 05 September, 2005, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobo Baggins

...Walkers Crisps that it's green for cheese & onion and blue for salt & vinegar.

My brain was all psyked up for a bag of salt & vinegar French Fries (formly known as Stix, I believe) and it turned out to be cheese & onion flavour!

This is  a bad thing.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Dan Kelly

Walkers have always been ass-backwards in this respect. ;)

Dan

Matt Timson

And yet they're still the market leader...

;)
Pffft...

psycho_slaughterman

psycho_slaughterman

or come to think of it maybe we're all colour blind and walkers is the only ones who have got it right.

psm

Oddboy

or come to think of it maybe we're all colour blind and walkers is the only ones who have got it right.

A likely story!
 Next you'll be telling me that I only exist because I think I am, and that if I stop believing I'm here then I'
Better set your phaser to stun.

Satanist

I was in Greece about 14 years ago and all the crisps had the same colour code as Walkers. So when Walkers came out I thought they were just bringing us in line with the rest of Europe.

Just like Jif & Cif.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Mr C

Quick kids! Clap your hands together and say "I do believe in Oddboy, I do believe in oddboy".

Funt Solo

I met a bar customer once who had the apparent mind of a child.  He used to order his crisps by colour of packet (in the days before Walkers).

I wonder how he handled that.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Matt Timson

What is it with you people and "the days before Walkers/when Walkers came out"?  Walkers crisps have been around since the 1940s.

Yum yum!
Pffft...

Funt Solo

Well obviously my story took place in the 30s.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah but how many of you can actually remember when they were only 3p ? eh eh ?

and the proogs as in doogs, were... erm thrupence hapenny. yup. or such.

janus stark

Lobo Baggins

yeah but how many of you can actually remember when they were only 3p ? eh eh ?

No, but I can remember being able to buy a prog and get a small selection of halfpenny chews for 20p (I found that if you spent long enough pointing out which chews you wanted the shop assistant sometimes forgot to charge for the prog)...

Of course, when they got rid of 1/2 pence piece, the price of crews doubled over night.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.