Main Menu

For the benifit of any Judge Spotters who may be watching...

Started by Lobo Baggins, 02 June, 2003, 11:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobo Baggins

++ITEM++

Legal clarification of spitting and spitting related offences.

Deliberately spitting at an individual or their property is a 13/7 violation (disorderly conduct: 6 months - 2 years).

Deliberately spitting in public is a 14/5 violation (Littering: 100 cr. fine or up to six months).

Cadet Clements, J. report immediately for a Basic Law Interpretation refresher course.  
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Devons Daddy

three months creep.

singapore.
spitting.
court appearance.compounded fine and up to three months jail.time from actaul act to court appearance.24 hours.

dredd would be proud i tell you.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Richmond Clements

I was just reading that, since the SARS outbreak, they have been 'clamping down' on spitters and the like.
If three months in jail is normal, I would hate to see clamping down!

WoD

Mrs WOD would love to live there.  No chewing gum, no spitting....

What do they get for loitering I wonder?

WoD.

Quirkafleeg

Devons Daddy

What do they get for loitering I wonder?

scarry answer.
liotering with intent.
(now how you prove intent is covered in the next part)
1/ should you fail to acknowledge a police officer who approaches you to confirm you are loitering with intent. the officer will draw his side arm and is empowered to protect himself without showing cause.
as in  hit you with a day stick or shoot you!

you will be arrested and charged.

you dont get many groups of youths who dont disperse when told too though.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

longmanshort

"I was just reading that, since the SARS outbreak, they have been 'clamping down' on spitters and the like. "

According to the BBC, the authorities have got this massive armoured camera truck that can zoom in on multiple spitting incidents before coppers hand out on the spot fines. But what disturbed me the most was the article's footnote, in which it said that 'after' the outbreak the van will be used 'for law enforcement purposes'. Ulp.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Devons Daddy

ohh its getting better

the lastest in the fight against SARS.
unobtrusive cameras in public areas will be able to monitor littering/spitting smoking in non smoking areas and public nuisances such as vermin stray cats and rats.

this authorites believe will enable the newly equiped police vehicles to monitor multiple sites from one stragetic location.

dredd to control.lets get a spy in the sky cam on citizen abc please.cross reference that with his credit card payment being made now via the internet connection .this will enable us to identify him and track his movements via the contactless smart card he needs to use to board any public transport.which he does not need to remove from his bag.just pass through the sensor within 50cm for us to detect it.

Mega city one?
no Singapore the internet wired city state.
you have no idea how close the world is.

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Matt

Lobo Baggins? More like Scojo if you ask me, the ++ITEM++ heading gives it away. I'm starting a book, how long will he last this time? Any bets?

Lobo Baggins

++Lobo Baggins? More like Scojo if you ask me, the ++ITEM++ heading gives it away. I'm starting a book, how long will he last this time? Any bets?++

I am not Scojo! I am a human being!

My name is Matt Sharp, one of the co-writers for the Mongoose roleplaying game. Among other things, I was responsible (along with Caliber) for the 'Sentencing' section of the rulebook which is being used in the text story of this months Megazine (spitting isn't specifically covered, you see...)

This site seems to have rather more than its fair share of Matt's, so I thought I'd call myself something else.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Wils

Any bets?

I'm betting you feel rather silly. :)

Devons Daddy

the mongoose books

i have a couple of them. very good.even if you are not into role playing.in the gaming sense :~)
but they are excellent.

in this months meg as well! well done that man. havent received mine yet but shall look out for that section as you are now boarder here.

welcome to the board by the way.going to get yourself an icon?

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Matt

Okay Baggins, I'll let it go this time but I've got my eye on you. Mongoose Publishing...really where does he come up with these ideas? ;)

Noisybast

"very good.even if you are not into role playing.in the gaming sense :~) "

Please tell me you haven't...
"Making improper suggestions to a Judge? Up against the wall, Creep!"

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Richmond Clements

"Up against the wall, Creep!"

Oh, and that's not improper..?

He couldn't be scojo, this thread is fun.