Main Menu

WTB Citadel / Titan 45mm miniature from 1980s - KLEGG

Started by lincnash, 29 November, 2022, 08:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincnash

Long shot I know, but I'm looking for the KLEGG Miniature from the range of 45mm figures which were sculpted and cast by Citadel for Titan Distributors in the 1980s.

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Titan_2000_A.D._Judge_Dredd

Not the smaller 'regular wargaming sized' (28mm(?) slotta base) JUDGE DREDD/SLAUGHTER MARGIN from Citadel in 1985.

I'm in OZ so International Shipping required. Long time Squaxx I have Progs, Megs and many 2000AD goodies (or other comics/collectibles) for a negotiated trade or plain Galactic Groats for a straight purchase at an agreed price with shipping.

If any boarders had a KLEGG miniature they are willing to let go, please let me know.
I would love to add him to my incomplete, Titan 45mm series collection.
PM or easiest would be to post your reply here.
;-)

wedgeski

God, just seeing that blister pack sends me straight back to the toy shop in Torquay where I'd stare at those miniatures seemingly for hours, trying to decide where my meagre funds would be put to best use.

I don't have a Klegg, though, soz. (Should have led with that. :-| )

lincnash

Quote from: wedgeski on 30 November, 2022, 09:16:51 AM
I'd stare at those miniatures seemingly for hours

Yeah the smaller slotta Citadel one's filtered down to OZ in the mid-80's, but were prohibitively expensive on a child's pocket money.
Never saw the larger 45mm size by Titan until years later, when the internet became a thing.
Picked up Dredd, Anderson and the Dark Judges for a pittance and then most of the others over time.
So just missing Spikes, Klegg and the Gold Dredd badge from the series.
Dusted them off the other day (Spring cleaning in Oz) and thought I'd post a query in the classifieds direct at 2000AD forum.

Saw Klegg on EvilPay about 15 years ago and while I considered the scalpers high price with International shipping, he sold. :-(
Then about 4 years ago, a bloke on a military models forum turned out to be a lapsed Squaxx and had one to offer me.
He knew nothing about the miniatures, just happened to have a box of unwanted childhood stuff including Progs and a few of the Titan mini's.
B'stard decided I wanted it very badly and jacked the price up to £40 plus shipping.
Ghosted him to show my contempt.

Oh well I live in hope of finding Klegg one day.
Spikes Harvey Rotten and the Dredd badge seem to be quite rare.

lincnash

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 30 November, 2022, 07:46:36 PM
Spikes Harvey Rotten and the Dredd badge seem to be quite rare.

Swings and roundabouts!
Put out feelers for the Klegg mini from this series and stumbled across a reasonably priced Spikes miniature, delivered in yesterday's post. :)
Great early Xmas pressie for myself.

So, still looking for Klegg (or Dredd badge from Titan Dist.) if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Cheers!

JohnW

Bloody well done.
I remember those miniatures being advertised in the prog about a million years ago. They seemed unobtainable to me then, so for you to actually get your hands on one after all this time is downright miraculous.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

lincnash

Quote from: JWare on 15 December, 2022, 08:38:57 PM
Bloody well done.
I remember those miniatures being advertised in the prog about a million years ago. They seemed unobtainable to me then, so for you to actually get your hands on one after all this time is downright miraculous.

Cheers! and I was exactly the same as a juve in the 80's.
Bloody things were about 6 weeks pocket money or about the same price as a few months worth of new Progs.

I felt I was teasing boarders with written descriptions and no visuals. ;-)
With a lack of a dedicated metal miniatures thread, here's some crappy out of focus pics with bad lighting I just clicked off. :-)

Dredd (A version) and Anderson.

Dark Judges.

Day the Law Died: Cal and Fergee.

Cursed Earth: Tweak and Spikes.

Destiny's Angel's: Mean and Fink

... and pre-dating ThreeA's strange choice with releasing a non-Dreddverse Robo-Hunter action figure by about 40 years: Sam Slade.

I believe there's a Dredd (B version), Dredd's Badge and the elusive Klegg remaining in the series.
Nemesis and the full A.B.C. Warriors lineup including Ro-Jaws was teased but never saw the light of day.
Here enedth the lesson in Titan Distributors, 45mm 2000AD metal miniatures series.

I'm guessing reading subversive Progs and handling toxic lead miniatures for the best part of 4 decades has made me the Squaxx I am today.
;-)

TWALK??

Leigh S

I have Dredd A, Anderson the DArk Judges and Sam Slade

Shoullld put up some images of the ones I;ve got round to painting!

Trooper McFad

that's a great collection LincnashOZ

I managed to pick up a Sam Slade one around 5 years ago and after painting it i had it on my desk at work. So didn't see it for a couple of years until my work cleared everyone's desk and sent their crap home (clear desk policy forced on us)

As you can see its been chipped at couple of places so if i get time between my other projects i might strip it back and redo.

Do you plan to paint yours?

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

lincnash

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 15 December, 2022, 10:27:46 PM
Do you plan to paint yours?

No, I always planned to keep them 'natural' and glowing with retro 1983 Zarjazness!
I do have a bunch of modern Warlord Games slotta-base one's that I have assembled and painted.
Dark Judges, Angel Gang, Rogue with Nort and Souther.

Quote from: Leigh S on 15 December, 2022, 09:49:03 PM
Should put up some images of the ones I've got round to painting!

If I get time over the weekend, I'll make a dedicated 2000AD metal mini's thread (unless someone else beats me to it) in the OFF TOPIC section.
Then post up some better pics of my vintage Titan and painted/based modern Warlord one's.
Doesn't feel right to me continuing this conversation in the CLASSIFIEDS thread.
I would never sell the set and the miniatures will be inside my coffin for cremation, much like a Viking on the way to Valhalla via a funeral pyre.
:-)

lincnash

2000AD metal miniatures pics and discussion continues ....

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=20831.msg1096048#msg1096048

Back on topic:-
Looking for Dredd (B version), Klegg and Dredd Badge from this primeval series of 45mm scaled metal mini's.
;-)