Main Menu

JDM 306

Started by zombemybabynow, 30 December, 2010, 11:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I got my prog on Tuesday but the meg's not here yet, which is odd as they usually arrive together.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 06 January, 2011, 01:52:09 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 06 January, 2011, 01:44:39 PM
Me neither - it's an anti-Jock conspiracy!
I got mine- but then, I'm merely living among you in a Dian Fossey fashion.
Got my Prog last Wednesday and the this Meg on Friday.
We never really die.

Buttonman

Meg came today. Great issue and cracking bonus book too - worth  the wait, although don't let it happen again!

Proudhuff

The letters page damn it! feed the beast!
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

THE BEAST BELLLOWS:

KEN   LANGFIELD
RICHARD   ROBERTS
GRANT   GOGGANS

Poor offerings indeed including a full column poem with predictable rhyming couplets - still no TP makes us all a bit happier.

Proudhuff

no But'man that's the main thing  :P
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Great Meg for strips, good to see new talent getting a hand up, But WTF is all the horror stuff about? is this some secret cross over I'm unaware of?
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 January, 2011, 07:49:02 PM
Great Meg for strips, good to see new talent getting a hand up, But WTF is all the horror stuff about? is this some secret cross over I'm unaware of?

Stop reading my great letter in the works!

I sent one a week ago asking why all the horror stuff and whether it was the result of some market research that had us all down as a bunch of slash happy maniacs. Clearly correct for most apart from me who likes the odd Rob Schneider comedy and 'Ladies in Lavender'.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 11 January, 2011, 07:56:56 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 January, 2011, 07:49:02 PM

I sent one a week ago asking why all the horror stuff and whether it was the result of some market research that had us all down as a bunch of slash happy maniacs.

Yikes! I'd better change mine, almost the exact double right down to the Market research comment!!
DDT did a job on me

Hegel

Just arrived - the prog and the meg deliveries are all over the place at the moment.

Haven't read it yet but I will say this - I'm fed up of that advert promising the option to buy the T-shirt to subscribers.... that has been cock/geek teasing me for about 8 months now.

Its like you don't want my money or something.... :lol:

James Stacey

Quote from: Hegel on 12 January, 2011, 02:33:58 PM

Haven't read it yet but I will say this - I'm fed up of that advert promising the option to buy the T-shirt to subscribers.... that has been cock/geek teasing me for about 8 months now.

Its like you don't want my money or something.... :lol:
This makes me sad also

Hegel

Had a lovely long read:

Dredd - run of the mill tale both art and story wise. Fine.

Samizdat Squad - I'm liking the concept more than the execution. There are some odd little moments in there too with the way the panels scan. This one still sits in the wait and see category and I hope there is more substance to it in the long run.

Numbers - Pretty impressive, very nice writing and a decent set up so I look forward to more of this.

Insurrection II - I adore this, it has all the right elements. MacNeil's art is always awsome and so common to us that I fear we tend to take it for granted, the black and white stuff is simply lovely. The story is well paced thus far but it also has the weight of concept behind it - a dredd universe tale that could be really epic and serious and about more than an unusual crime or satirical joke about our contemporary world (which all have their place of course) - this is about politics, power, and the more mature underbelly of the Megacity One system... always my fave aspect of the entire dredd universe, dare i say it, more so than even Dredd himself.

AlexF

Quotesome market research that had us all down as a bunch of slash happy maniacs

That'd be me. I don't do market research, but I am a slash happy maniac. Not an especial fan of Tobe Hooper or Eli Roth as it happens, but I'm guessing both were at Frightfest, which is the sort of place where I'd expect most attendees to have at least heard of 2000AD if not necessarily read it regularly.

On the other hand, I'm not especially into old British SciFi TV shows, which also get featured a lot.

Say, Buttonface, why don't you put the letter writing on hold and submit an indepth article on Rob Schneider's filmography? Maybe get an interview an' all?

Proudhuff

Quote from: AlexF on 13 January, 2011, 11:11:02 AM
Say, Buttonface, why don't you put the letter writing on hold and submit an indepth article on Rob Schneider's filmography? Maybe get an interview an' all?

Good idea, or a indepth article on Films that start with a W ?
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Sadly my submissions dreams died when 'Dredd Letter Days' aka 'Dredd Letter Box', which chronicled the Megazine's letters history, was totally ignored - not even a rejection. After all I've done for them!