General Chat > Creative Common

The Writers' Block

<< < (2/29) > >>

locustsofdeath!:

--- Quote from: Allah Akbark on 21 November, 2014, 09:41:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 21 November, 2014, 08:55:15 PM ---I think the important thing is to first become an Alan Moore or a Grant Morrison
--- End quote ---

Do you mean like kill them and wear their skin?

--- End quote ---

Do you mean metaphysically or metaphorically?

TordelBack:

--- Quote from: Steven Denton on 21 November, 2014, 08:33:02 PM ---... there is a tendency to exaggerate writing to a metaphysical level (see Alan Moore and Grant Morrison) in my humble opinion to understand the mechanics of writing you need to first strip away the mystique of creation.

--- End quote ---

I'm not a writer, but I'm not sure I see much mystique in Sharky's post: beyond the terms themselves the three elements seem like good solid guides for storytelling.  It's not like he's advocating wanking over your fanmail or placing yourself in thrall to a sock pocket.  Errr, you're not, are you Shark? 

DoomBot:
I only came here for cake... Is there any cake?

I draw stuff. I don't write stuff. But I do draw what other people have writ. Maybe I missed it ( so many words sharky. I read comics because i don't like too many words. My reading nodes are all burnt... I digress). But a top key mega important ingredient for me in a story is that it has to be grounded in some logical reality. Doesn't matter if it's one you made up, but it has to be consistently logical and one I can relate to. When our hero jumps a 30 feet chasm to escape a baddie you've lost me irrespective of whether you have the other elements you mention

M.I.K.:
Let's see what that bloke from Brass Sun says on the matter.

Professor Bear:

--- Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 21 November, 2014, 09:48:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Allah Akbark on 21 November, 2014, 09:41:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 21 November, 2014, 08:55:15 PM ---I think the important thing is to first become an Alan Moore or a Grant Morrison
--- End quote ---

Do you mean like kill them and wear their skin?

--- End quote ---

Do you mean metaphysically or metaphorically?

--- End quote ---

I mean wearing their skin like a suit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version