Main Menu

Podcast : Glenn Fabry & John McCrea

Started by Marbles, 13 August, 2007, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Why, if Pat Mills was going to raid old Celtic legends, did he bother with Irish myths?  He could've looked at the ancient Welsh stories of Ardo the Young.  Or, if those were a bit bloody for his taste, Mills could've looked at that hero's father - the Elder Ardo.

satchmo

Yeah make it stop! Then we can all stop talking such Colbys.

Funt Solo

So, Ardo the Young was part of a Dynasty?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Wils

Using a drama series is diverting a bit too much, Funt. You don't want the original joke to sail off into the Sunset. Beach those ideas now, young man.

Bolt-01

You know, as fascinating as this discussion is, we should really leave it alone lest we find ourselves talking about it for the rest of the days of our lives.

Bolt-01

Wils

Yeah, if we don't stop, this Christmas we'll all not be getting a visit from Santa. Barbara Windsor knows all about that.

petemaskreplica

You're all sick! You need therapy.

Although, as I have doubts about the efficacy of the Freudian practitioners, I'd suggest a trip to the Jung Doctors would be best.

Wils

I think in General, Hospital would do for most of us, though.

Eric Plumrose

It's a dilemma Dale Winton has had experience of, I'm sure.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Art

Hmm. If the acute accent indicates a long vowel (it's normal usage) then surely it would be Slaayne, rhyming with Waayne as in Wayne and Waynetta slob? Which is close enough to Slain TBH.

Anyone speaking the alternates out loud is just going to seem like they've had a stroke, TBH.

TordelBack

i think there's some interesting parallels to be drawn between the history Irish language and the Occitan langauge of south-west France.  Central to its division from northern "french" was the word for "Yes", the really important distniction being the use of the "Ã?c".

(I miss The Sullivans.  Some episodes had yer actual  jungle fighting, something you never see on Home and Away. )

Trout

progue progue progue progue progue progue

El Spurioso

Who ever said it was short for "programme" anyway?

"Prog" (which, as everyone sensible knows, rhymes with "dog") is a suitably futurey and far-out sci-fi term in its own right.  

And anyone who says different smells of wee.  Wils told me so.  Blame him.  (It's fashionable)

Matt Timson

Doesn't it say 'programme 1' on the front cover of prog 1?

That's 'prog' like 'dog', by the way.
Pffft...

Funt Solo

Of course, it should have been "program" instead of "programme".

++ A-Z ++  coma ++