Main Menu

Have you ever heard of...?

Started by Jenny-Mek, 16 August, 2002, 01:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny-Mek

Something called Battlechrome. It appears to be a deeply cool card game, in which you have to build, navigate and battle gigantic robots. It says it was made in 1996, and dosen't have a web address. Ever seen it?

Jenny-Mek

El Spurioso

Jenny.  I hate to be the one to do this but, girl, you need it:

GIANT ROBOTS:  GET *OVER* THEM

; )

sigu

Don't listen to him, Jenny. Giant robots are the best.

I've never heard of Battlechrome, but I have heard of a card game called Battletech.

SiG

Smiley

Here's a link to the publishers site.

Link: http://www.ossgames.com/Battlechrome.htm" target="_blank">Battlechrome

http://www.ossgames.com/images/BCSampCards1.jpg">

Jenny-Mek

Thanks, Smiley!
Giant robots ARE the way forward.

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Hmm...personally I think armoured suits are the way forward. Giant robots would be a bitch to build on mass and at such a scale folks.

I mean the weight, materials and movement would a tough problem to solve right?

Finnigan Sinister

sigu

Bah. Makers of giant robots would laugh at your puny practicalities Earth man.

SiG

sigu

There's only one thing better than Giant Robots.

Giant Robot DINOSAURS!

El Spurioso

There's nothing wrong with giant robots in principal - what violence-loving quasi-teenager (ahem) wouldn't beam delightedly to discover the smallest toe of an Atomic Killing Machine crammed into their stocking on Christmas Day?

My point was simply that Jenny-Mek, having already exhibited signs of pyromania (setting fire to girl-guides, no less) clearly has robot-related megalomania issues above and beyond the norm.  I suggest a course of intense transformers-watching to flush it all out of your system, followed by fixating upon a new obsession (Dinosaurs are, Mr Gurr, a worthy replacement).

It is my view, of course, that the only thing better than giant robots, giant dinosaurs, or indeed giant robot dinosaurs, are dragons.  Big, fuckoff flying beasties that breathe fire, dammit!  How can you beat that?

Aaron Smurf Murphy

By having affore mentioned giant robot beat the living crap out of affore mentioned dragon. Keep me entertained.

And armoured power suits are'nt a foolish thing, they're just a realistic step and they look cool.

Finnigan Sinister

Smiley

St. George beats that. :)

But I agree on the giant robot thing. However, I have never liked those over-sleek Jap things. Their legs look like they've been moulded in the shape of flared trousers and cuban heels. I'm old fashioned. I like my robots on tank-tracks with big headlamp eyes and huge mechanical grabbers. Preferably shouting "CRUSH! *klik* KILL! *zzzt* DESTROY!"

Jenny-Mek

Actualy, I'm not that big a fan of huge robots. I prefer mine about two metres tall. I'm not sure who started the rumour that I only like giant robots, I firmly believe in equal robotic oppertunities.
Besides, where would you keep the things? You couldn't teach them crochet or skateboarding. Gigantic robots are better for conquering alien worlds, where the gravity often isn't such a problem.
NB, Please consider that I may be a perfectly normal, law-abiding citizen outside the deranged ramblings of this chatboard, and form your opinion accordingly.
PS, I'm not.

Quirkafleeg

I want giant robotic dinosaur-dragon hybrids IN power armour and I want then NOW.

sigu

Reign of Fire should sort you out then.