Main Menu

Mezco Judge Dredd!

Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

Quote from: jacob g on 31 October, 2016, 09:10:28 AM
Helmet is black (while all posed pictures on box shows Dredd in navy blue helmet).
Wow, didn't even bother to give him a Blue Helmet. That just tells me they just wanted to vet this figure out there and didn't care about what was advertised. >:(

COMMANDO FORCES

More importantly, wouldn't that be false advertising!

Dash Decent

Just like the radcloak then.  Promised a brilliant looking bit of clobber and sent a potato sack.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

jacob g

They always put disclaimer that final product can vary from pictures. I'm at work so I can't check this out right now but from what I remeber there's also similar disclaimer on box somwehere.

Not that I wasn't somwehat disappointed when I saw black helmet (but its better than golden kneepads from previous version). I think I'll repaint the helmet myself since I still have full set of paints for 28mm Judges.
margaritas ante porcos

TheTooN

Thanks for the reply jacob g. Fella on Facebook PM'd me with a screenshot of a customer asking Mezco about it via FB PM.

22nd October Mezco said they were 'looking into it' for him. Next contact they say no new info other than 'they all have it'

Its not the first time the box has been wrong, the SDCC b/w set showed the bike with red lights but they were clear/white on the product. No probs with that at all but the black helmets thrown me ! All the promo pics it was the same colour as the uniform, box art the too. How on earth they managed that is beyond me.

If I hear anything else I'll post it here.

Judge Brian

I finally got my Lawmaster. I'm in love.  :P

TheTooN

Quote from: Judge Brian on 01 November, 2016, 05:11:21 PM
I finally got my Lawmaster. I'm in love.  :P

Gratz fella, really nice bit of kit isnt it :)

COMMANDO FORCES

My NYCC exclusive has arrived :thumbsup:

TheTooN

If its got the black helmet are we all going to have a go at Mezco for a replacement head ? Let us know what you think when you get time to open it up. If it doesnt detract too much maybe it'll be ok as is.

jflynn

Mine arrived today and I can confirm thathat the helmet is indeed black. It looks like a glaring error and really takes away from the look of the figure...I'm going to message Mezco now and will let you know what they come back with.

J.

inkymonkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 November, 2016, 06:24:18 PM
My NYCC exclusive has arrived :thumbsup:

What? Outrageous! Where's mine? I'm writing to my MP.

COMMANDO FORCES

Yours has to travel to the far reaches of the globe and virtually back in time. It's a long and arduous process for the postal service :D

inkymonkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 November, 2016, 11:38:44 PM
Yours has to travel to the far reaches of the globe and virtually back in time. It's a long and arduous process for the postal service :D

It's true, we're ten hours ahead of you but 40 years behind. Though I think you folks are starting to drag your feet so we can catch up... ;)

jflynn

So I sent this to Mezco:

"Hi. I recently purchased the NYCC exclusive Dredd and Lawmaster. On opening it is was disappointed to see that the helmet is black and not dark blue as advertised (and indeed as is the rest of the figure). Is this a production error and if so is there a proposed solution?"

This was their response:

"Hi there. They're all that way actually."

Very helpful...

TheTooN

Quote from: jflynn on 02 November, 2016, 07:59:29 AM
So I sent this to Mezco:

"Hi. I recently purchased the NYCC exclusive Dredd and Lawmaster. On opening it is was disappointed to see that the helmet is black and not dark blue as advertised (and indeed as is the rest of the figure). Is this a production error and if so is there a proposed solution?"

This was their response:

"Hi there. They're all that way actually."

Very helpful...

Wow thats a shocker ! Yes its a f***up but they are all f****d up !  No apology, no solution.

I'm could do with seeing more customers reactions elsehwere before I contact them. Tekno do you have any good places for Mezco 1:12th discussion ? Have you seen anyone else talking about this yet ?

Edit :- It would also be interesting to know if the ones they sold at NYCC were like this or just the ones sold via the website.