Main Menu

The Mandalorian

Started by judgeurko, 13 November, 2019, 04:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

It's been an astonishingly good second season - far surpassing the first one, which was maginificent.

One year until season 3. Deep sigh.

[spoiler]And that cameo: in a nutshell - Holy SHIT!![/spoiler]

DrRocka

WOW. Now THAT is how you do an ending!
And then there's that post credit scene.....

Haven't felt like that since 10 year old me saw Return Of The Jedi. Punched the air.
Blimey.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Mardroid

Good wasn't it? And good of them for [spoiler]keeping that character's appearance under wraps. I'll admit I wondered if he would be the one to turn up, but there were a couple of other candidates they could have used. I'm also sure that those who didn't consider him bad-ass enough in the sequel trilogy* will get a kick out of this. And lovely to see that weapon in action again.

I did find the CGI face a little... uncanny, but I don't think that could be helped. It did the job well enough and overall looked great. Curiously the dark troopers all looked real and solid to me, although I think they must have used at least some CGI. Digital realism has certainly come a long way, but you can still just about see the difference with human faces, most of the time. An observation, not a complaint.[/spoiler]

As for that [spoiler]Boba Fett[/spoiler] end credits scene, [spoiler]before I saw this episode, I'd read online that there was a Boba Fett spin-off teaser. I confess I've felt rather ambivalent concerning a Boba Fett series. While I like the character, and I welcome seeing more of him, maybe a film, or as a guest character again in future series, we've got a cracking mandaloian series already.  If they'd done a Boba Fett series in the first place instead, fair enough, but they didn't. In hindsight, I'm glad they didn't as Din Djarin as a more pure Mandalorian type character is different and the show is interesting in its own right.

After watching that teaser though... wow. That set a decidedly different tone to he Mandalorian. Looks like they'll do things a bit different with this. Bring it on.[/spoiler]

*[spoiler]Wrongly I think. He did right in the end, and was never more powerful, just in a different way.[/spoiler]

TordelBack

Don't quite know how to feel about all that! Spectacularly epic stuff, technically brilliant too, but felt a bit like the grown-ups taking the toys away, or like it was someone else's story along. I wasn't done playing!

As for a [spoiler]Boba Does King Conan spinoff[/spoiler], how do they keep these things quiet!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Mardroid on 18 December, 2020, 06:31:38 PM
[spoiler]
I did find the CGI face a little... uncanny, but I don't think that could be helped. It did the job well enough and overall looked great. Curiously the dark troopers all looked real and solid to me, although I think they must have used at least some CGI. Digital realism has certainly come a long way, but you can still just about see the difference with human faces, most of the time. An observation, not a complaint.[/spoiler]

Aye, that didn't sit quite right with me either, just as [spoiler] Leia's face at the end of Rogue One didn't. [/spoiler] Still enormously cool though, particularly the epic ness just prior to that point.

*[spoiler]Wrongly I think. He did right in the end, and was never more powerful, just in a different way.[/spoiler]

He was absolutely totally [spoiler]badass in TLJ, and it was quite frankly the only truly good part of that film. It was a total Bruce Lee moment - the art of fighting without fighting. He proved to be the Master of absolutely everything in that scene. He was literally impossible to beat. Hell of a moment! And for anyone to suggest that wasn't the epitome of a martial art such as being a Jedi, they have no clue what 'master' truly means. [/spoiler]

Anyway, great final episode! Not my favourite, but still epic.

Jim_Campbell

Huh. Well, there was literally only one way they could have ended that series that would have completely ruined it for me... and they went and did it.

I would like [spoiler]just one fucking story in the Star Wars universe not to have anything to do with the fucking Skywalkers. I don't think it's a lot to ask, TBH.[/spoiler]

OTOH, do stay with it until the end of the credits...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

All those years people doubted Boba Fett. The faithful knew.

JOE SOAP

They tread a very fine-line [spoiler]when they go big with the mythic characters[/spoiler] and inevitably step over it, but I like that they at least put a bit of thought into it – even if it is indugling in the old It's like poetry, sort of. They rhyme™ – as [spoiler]Luke's last act intervention is a mirror of Vader's arrival at the climax of Rogue One: both are a tense, shadowy build-up to a reveal, and invole a solo run of cutting down the opposing hordes, while negotiating corridors and doors to reach the McGuffin (Plans/Grogu).[/spoiler]

shaolin_monkey

Let's face it, it's ALL [spoiler]McGuffin[/spoiler] but it's very entertaining [spoiler]McGuffin[/spoiler].

TordelBack

Professor Bear

I thought [spoiler]Luke [/spoiler]looked great, but [spoiler]R2D2[/spoiler] was really unconvincing.

JOE SOAP

You could tell it wasn't [spoiler]Kenny Baker[/spoiler].

JayzusB.Christ

I really liked that ending. [spoiler]Who else would be able to take care of the wee lad?  Not sure how they can make another season of the Mandalorian now though: the shark would appear to have been jumped. [/spoiler]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 December, 2020, 11:55:59 PM
[spoiler]Not sure how they can make another season of the Mandalorian now though: the shark would appear to have been jumped. [/spoiler]

The storyline of the [spoiler]rights to the throne of Mandalore[/spoiler] has been set-up.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 December, 2020, 11:55:59 PM
I really liked that ending. [spoiler]Who else would be able to take care of the wee lad?  Not sure how they can make another season of the Mandalorian now though: the shark would appear to have been jumped. [/spoiler]

Aye. At the end, my partner turned to me, tears in her eyes, and said  [spoiler]"Is that the end of the baby Yoda show then? 'Cos I'm not that interested in all of the other stuff."[/spoiler]