Main Menu

This year's movies

Started by paulvonscott, 26 April, 2005, 01:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I've taken this list from the other thread which has mutated into a discussion of TV series and their spin off movies (which is fair enough).

Hitchhikers - 29th April
(see if MJ Simpson needs whipping with a wet towel)
Star Wars III - 20th May
(please George, let it end)
League of Gentlemen - 3rd June
(trailer looks absolutely feckin bonkers)
Land of the Dead - 29th July
(oh yesss...)
History of Violence - 30th September
(Wagner's gripping book Chroneburghered)
Wallace and Grommit - 14th October
(Ey up lad, it's got cheese in it, whoda guessed it)
V for Vendetta - 4th November
(remember, remember, the fourth of November...)
King Kong - 16th December
(The fourth installment of Lord of the Rings)

Other stuff that might be of Interest:
JUNE
Batman Begins (not sure I'm too fussed about another Batmovie)
Sin City (Rodriguez with 3ppm of Tarantino and Frank Miller's comic book)
JULY
War of the Worlds (sshhhhiiiiiiiiite)
Fantastic Five (Five kids go on a radioactive picnic)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Depp's in it)
AUGUST
The Island (Trailer for this Ewan McGregaor SF fillum, looked intriguing)
OCTOBER
Doom
Final Destination 3 (I find these fun in a really wrong way)
Aeon Flux (some SF assassin thing with someone called Charlize Theron)
Sky High (kids superhero movie, with Bruce Campbell and Kurt Ruseel, so who knows?)
The Pink Panther (Steve Martin - clutch head and groan)
NOVEMEBER
Another Harry Potter fillum
DECEMBER
Chronicles of Narnia
Underworld: Evolution (another pretty, but empty vamp movie no doubt)

Sorry, missed out the romantic comedies. But there is a remake of Fever Pitch, in America, with baseball...

Bico

Out of curiousity more than any overpowering need to see the film (the radio show is pretty much definitive given Adams' use of language to tell a tale and make a joke), Hitch-hikers Guide will probably get me off my arse and down to the cinema.  King Kong is close enough to Godzilla territory to get me out as well, as will Batman Begins.  Underworld won't get me anywhere near a movie-house, even if it DOES have werewolves in, but the must-see is surely Land of the Dead - does anyone know if this is on general release, or is it crummy little arthouse cinema in the rough side of town time again?

Although, now I think of it, I saw the first two Jurassic Park movies in the cinema, and God only knows how I ended up back watching the third as well, but I hated the first two, and loved the third - Star Wars III might just get me out the door despite myself.

paulvonscott

It's a rare old time when I could go to the cinema every month to see something that even vaguely grabbed my interest.

Land of the Dead is the big one.  Out of all those probably the one I want to see most.

Richmond Clements

Despite any common sense I may have, I'm rather excited and hopeful about Ep. III.
That and The Laegue of Gents are probably the two I'm looking forward to the most, though I'll still go and see Batman and probably Sin City.

And, being a fan of both Spielberg and the Cruiser, I'm looking forward to War of the Worlds too.

Byron Virgo

I'll see The League of Gentlemen, Land of the Dead, I'll probably end up watching Sin City on pirate and I guess I'll have to see Batman Begins as it's directed by Christopher Nolan. I might even get forced into seeing War of the Worlds (but only if it's a matinee and I get in for free).

I'm off to Hitch Hikers next week, and it should be fun, though I agree that the radio series is still going to be the best version.

The Monarch

I must see the league of gentlemen film

Will I. Cooling

The film I'm most looking forward to is Downfall...although its a bugger to get someone to go and watch it with me (20year old lads fear subtitles) so I may just watch the matinee on my own.

Other than that Sin City looks good, Batman Begins and Star Wars III are films I HAVE to go and see even if I'll approach them with a mixture of excitement and fear, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and League of Gentlemen should be complete bonkers/brilliant, King Kong will make me go ape, I only care about History of Violence cause it should force DC to reprint the book and I haven't a clue what Land of the Dead is.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Will I. Cooling

Also will have to see Wallace and Gromit naturally and V for Vendetta will be the torture that i can't refuse.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.