Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 January, 2014, 09:29:34 PM
Very best of luck, Mark.  I've had doings with the bailiffs myself, and while it wasn't pleasant I'm still here - sincerely hope that your principles-in-adversity triumph over bureaucratic inhumanity.  Let us know either way.

Indeed. Fingers crossed for the least-bad outcome.

Also: never underestimate the efficacy of boiling oil from the ramparts.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

Heh, thanks, Jim. The boiling oil is a tempting idea but, unfortunately, I can't afford the oil and my gas has run out so I couldn't heat it up at the moment anyway.
The only weapon I have is my immense fucking charm...  :D
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 January, 2014, 08:11:10 AM
Heh, thanks, Jim. The boiling oil is a tempting idea but, unfortunately, I can't afford the oil and my gas has run out so I couldn't heat it up at the moment anyway.

Cold tea?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

I did think of filling a squeezy bottle with water to point at them and say something like, "Stand back! This is dihydrogen monoxide, a chemical widely used in industry, and if you get too much of it on you it WILL kill you!"
Then squirt them, shouting "Stand back! Dihydrogen monoxide!"
But that almost certainly wouldn't work...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

So a gagging law is being imposed in May. Be interesting to see how this unfolds with the Anon-pricks and the people who are actually going to do something about it. First, I want to know wether its only going to involve water canons or a total clampdown on public protest...

ZenArcade

Hi Legendary Shark, I'm a new poster on forum. I've read this topic with interest. Firstly, my heartfelt wishes in respect of your situation, hope it goes as well as these things can. Secondly in a more general sense, it pains me that the bulk of people in this country are being financially extripated in order to bail out a bunch of elitest scumbags from their ponzi scheme. Thirdly in regard to the May legislation; it's just another arrow in these creatures quiver. They will in extremis do anything to maintain the current stasis (loaded in their favour)....water cannon, they'd shoot people off the street if they thought it necessary.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

Jean Charles de Menezis.
And welcome to the Forum!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Hi Sharky. I just wanted to add my best wishes and good luck to you in your current situation. Have you tried getting advice from your local citizens advice people? Perhaps they could point you in the direction of some free legal aid or representation - assuming that is an option in your situation? Anyway, don't let the feckers the feckers grind ya down!

Cheers - Paddy

Recrewt

Bit late to the discussion but just wanted to add my support Shark.  Hope all goes well on Monday and that this situation is not stressing you out too much.

ZenArcade

Legendary Shark, I'm slowly (when work allows) reading through this 300 page topic. I know you're probably not in much of a mood to share my levity; but the post about the police stopping you and pulling you on to the Stockbridge is priceless....wish I'd been there. The discussion on the intrinsic nature of money is fascinating, and here's me thinking this site was going to be geeky discussions on the dimensions of Stallones Dredd uniform codpiece.
Again best regards for Monday....f**k them and launch the TAD's!
ZenArcade
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ZenArcade on 29 January, 2014, 10:05:17 AM
Hi Legendary Shark, I'm a new poster on forum. I've read this topic with interest. Firstly, my heartfelt wishes in respect of your situation, hope it goes as well as these things can. Secondly in a more general sense, it pains me that the bulk of people in this country are being financially extripated in order to bail out a bunch of elitest scumbags from their ponzi scheme. Thirdly in regard to the May legislation; it's just another arrow in these creatures quiver. They will in extremis do anything to maintain the current stasis (loaded in their favour)....water cannon, they'd shoot people off the street if they thought it necessary.

Jesus wept, it's the 80's all over again, isn't it? Ruthlessly quashing legitimate protests, taking basic public services out of the hands of the poor, generally looking after their rich mates at the expense of everyone else.  When they got in, I hadn't realised just how Tory this Tory government would be.  Not that our government over here is any better, I hasten to add.
Again, Sharky, I really hope all goes well on Monday.  Keep us posted. Never had a visit from the bailiffs myself, but then, I've never owned anything of any value.  I think the computer I'm typing this on is the most expensive thing I have.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

good Luck Shark, give em hell!
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Aye, I don't often dip into this thread, but Shark- here's hoping that all works out for you. Hell of a place to be in...

The Legendary Shark

Thank you all for your understanding and support, I am truly thankful to be part of such an exemplary community - so win, lose or draw come Monday morning, I'm already a winner.
I'll keep you posted!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]