Main Menu

New Rebellion TPB Covers - Murder 101 & The Meknificent Seven...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 20 October, 2004, 02:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Yes it does but it's a bit confusing when some things on on the 2000ad shop, none of the new ones are, some things are on Amazon, some of the things on Amazon have them down as hard to find although they are apparantly out and when I can't find any of the out now ones in my local Borders.
I guess I'll have to pop to FP on Monday and see if they have any (here in Cambridge not the London one).

The Amstor Computer

Opaque:

It's definitely worth the effort. The Sin/Dex and Batman/Dredd Files collections are both great packages, and I expect both Swimming in Blood and Red Razors to be of comparable quality. The Rebellion Euro trades have typically been fantastic quality, though some of the choices for reprint have been a little... interesting ;-)

Both Sinister Dexter: Gunshark Vacation and The Batman/Judge Dredd Files are available from Amazon at last, but for nearly all of the other Rebellion/DC and Rebellion trades... well, good luck. The availability of these books is - IMO - very poor so far, and I hope it will improve soon...

ukdane

Presumably there will be collections of Button Man books 2 & 3, and Durham Red books 1 & 3 at some point in the future too.
Cheers

-Daney

opaque

Play.com have started selling books and theres some of the new ones up there (Devlin isn't) and it has Shimura down as being out 03/02/05.
Some are a ?1 cheaper than Amazon.

IndigoPrime

IIRc, Jamie said "maybe" on Button Man 2 and 3, and said almost certainly not next year. I'd rather have BM 2/3 than, say, Bison and Wardog anyway, but there you go.

The Amstor Computer

I'd hang off on buying from Play for the moment - they're pretty good for CD, DVDs etc, but I'm not sure how solid their book service will be. Amazon are occasionally flaky, but they're still a reliable company who've had years of book-selling experience. Bit worried about Shimura being listed for February 2005 - large slippages already?

Oh, and I'd definitely agree on more Button Man volumes - I understand that there may be sound reasons for publishing stuff like Bison and Wardog in place of material like that, but I haven't seen a decent explanation (not that I'm due one, of course ;-) )

The good news is that Rebellion's schedule for Euro TPBs over 2005 looks much better...

Oddboy

Dirty Frank - how about that Rebellion own Bison & Wardog, while Wagner/Ranson own Button Man?

IIRC the Button Man sequals are likely to happen sooner or later, but understandably Rebellion would like to publish the stories they've already paid to own first, before publishing someone else's stories.
Better set your phaser to stun.

IndigoPrime

Follow that to its logical conclusion and we'd be more likely to get GNs of Dry Run and Wireheads before Button Man III. I understand the whole thing about IP, but Rebellion has made some very, very strange decisions with regards to the Euro TPBs. Still, next year looks a lot better, and the deal with DC is going to bash my credit card in a serious way.

W. R. Logan

>but Rebellion has made some very, very strange decisions with regards to the Euro TPBs

Damn those Europeans and their strange taste in comics, why cant they be more like us so we get the books we really want.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Byron Virgo

It's nice to finally hear some sensible views being expressed in this forum, good man Logan.

Now we of the UK Independance Party can finally be free of those greasy, lice-ridden, garlic chomping EU bureaucrats dictating what graphic novels we can or can't have published!

IndigoPrime

:: Damn those Europeans and their strange taste in comics, why
:: cant they be more like us so we get the books we really want.

I find it hard to believe these were the result of demand, unless half of Europe suddenly consists of deranged comic books fans wanting a fix of Wardog and Bison. I mean, c'mon.

W. R. Logan

>I find it hard to believe these were the result of demand, unless half of Europe suddenly consists of deranged comic books fans wanting a fix of Wardog and Bison.

as hard as it is to imagine apparantly those pesky Europeans liked bison.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Oddboy

How do they know? I don't recall many letters in to Input saying "J'adore Bison!" or "Ich leibe Bison!" - or did Tharg just not print them?

Just curious, like.
Better set your phaser to stun.