Main Menu

New Trades

Started by ukdane, 05 October, 2006, 08:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

oooh Storming Heaven is one of my favorite Limiteds they've done, certainly could've done with a longer run though.  see also From Grace and A Love Like Blood. All in the one book, I must have.

CU Radbacker

The Adventurer

Thumbing through the Irving profile page on the site... Based on the creator credits, I'd think we'd see,

Storming Heaven (46pgs)
A Love Like Blood (36pgs)
From Grace (30pgs)
Reefer Madness (5pgs)
Monsters of Rock (5pgs)
Mars Needs Mates (5pgs)

Which comes out to 127 pages.

What confuses me is, why is Reardon's name on the cover? How does he fit in?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Leigh S

Yeah - "compressed to death" is what I'd go with.

The idea of superheroes as counterculture icons is a great one - Taking the emerging superstars of the day and the politics and fueds of the 60s supergroups and transferring that into an acid hued comic strip just works - except when you try and fit it into 46 pages and condense it into a very basic character-lite "Manson kills the 60s dream" piece.

I still have dreams of a Storming Heaven givent he time to work, with the peace and love generation fighting the Man, Manson style uber freaks and just as importantly, themselves, as the facade of brotherhood is revealed to be pretty fragile.  And with David Crosby (in his cape, naturally) being thrown out of the American League of Byrds by McGuinn - I can see the cover in Glorious Frazervision as I type!

The Adventurer

I seem to remember Matt and/or Jon saying at Bristol that there was going to be an Ezquerra/Dredd collection after the Irving one.

What might be in said collection? If it is Judge Dredd focused spessificly?

Is Al's Baby too far removed to have the whole thing put under a "Judge Dredd" branding? Or would that make a better TP of it's very own?

Grant Goggans

Al's Baby would make the best TP ever, regardless of the spine color!  =)

Seriously, the little framing pages in the Mega-City One classroom in the first book were the only connection to Judge Dredd.  It was planned for another comic (Toxic?) and brought to the Megazine when it was rejected.

ukdane

Yup, Toxic.

spine colour
why, Baby Blue, of course!
Cheers

-Daney

BMB

From Grace made my pants tighter, great stuff.

Tu-plang

OK, so does this look about right for 2007 thus far?  Compiled from Amazon and Forbidden Planet.

----------------
January
STORMING HEAVEN: THE FRAZER IRVING COLLECTION
144 pages (paperback) | £12.99

CABALLISTICS, INC.: CREEPSHOW
144 pages (paperback) | £11.99

Reprint:
THE COMPLETE BALLAD OF HALO JONES
BUTTON MAN: THE KILLING GAME
ROGUE TROOPER: FORT NEURO

February
JUDGE DREDD: THE COMPLETE CASE FILES 07
384 pages (paperback) | £13.99

ROGUE TROOPER: REALPOLITIK
144 pages (paperback) | £11.99

Reprint:
BAD COMPANY

March
JUDGE DREDD: ORIGINS
160 pages (paperback) | £12.99

NIKOLAI DANTE: TSAR WARS: VOLUME 2
128 pages (paperback) | £11.99

SLAINE: THE BOOKS OF INVASIONS: VOLUME 2
112 pages (hardback) | £13.99
----------------

If I'm not completely wrong, that sounds rather nice.

Did Tsar Wars Vol. 1 ever come out?

radiator

Realpolitik is already out, though it's still unavailable on the net, so that'll be another book for Feb.
Tsar Wars v.1 out at the end of this week, according to Jon.

radiator

Clarify...

Realpolitik is already out, though it's still unavailable on the net, so there'll be a different book for Feb.
Tsar Wars v.1 out at the end of this week, according to Jon.

I, Cosh

I'm guessing that Books of Invasions should be vloume 3 as Jon also said the remastered version of vol 2 was just about to hit the shops.
We never really die.

Tu-plang

Its Caballistics and Dante for me, and the Button Man paperback.

Are the reprint editions redesigned to fit with the new Rebellion books?  Care to comment, Jon?

Jonathan O

Yes, the reprints (paperback that is) fit in with the new designs, matt covers and all.

The Adventurer

Will the reprints be solicited through Diamond? Because I know you didn't for Durham Red: The Vermin Stars. So now it's not possible to find in in the US. I really really really want updated tradedress editions for Halo Jones, Bad Company, and Fort Neuro.

The Adventurer

Oh and Button Man, I really really want that too. I fear the same problem I'm having with Vermin Stars as it too is a reprint.