Main Menu

Disney buys Marvel

Started by johnnystress, 31 August, 2009, 04:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Trout

The publisher of Incognito is owned by Marvel? I didn't know that. Bloody good comic, that.

- Trout

dracula1

What do you perps think of the 4 billion dollar take over of Marvel?  . . .

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dracula1 on 02 September, 2009, 05:10:47 PM
What do you perps think of the 4 billion dollar take over of Marvel?  . . .

I think they were ripped off.

The Adventurer

What? Icon? Icon is Marvel's 'Independent' line of comics. Reserved for their exclusive super-stars vanity projects only.  Brubaker's Incognito and Criminal are published there, as is Bendis's Powers, and Millar's (ugg) Kick-Ass.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

dracula1

yep! total Marvel image hijack by Disney. Wonder how it'll affect the the current creative teams of writers and artists?

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: King Trout on 02 September, 2009, 01:34:34 PM
The publisher of Incognito is owned by Marvel? I didn't know that. Bloody good comic, that.

Don't feel too bad Trouty.

Yesterday Stevei was taliking with a disgruntled comics retailer who wasn't aware that Disney owned Pixar.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Disate

Marvel hires alot of freelancers ,That`s not Disney`s thing , but God only knows

how they will be affected by it .

We will wait and see .

dracula1

Are the current movies in the pipe line, eg. spiderman 4 and the Avengers thing going to be rebooted under Disney? (I hope not,these up and coming films may get disney-fied and lose that creative edge).

locustsofdeath!

You know, I think of late the DC comics movies have been better. I wouldn't worry too much about those films - Disney wants to make a buck, so it won't tamper too much with a sure thing.

Edit: Oops sorry Mr. Campbell.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 03 September, 2009, 06:09:45 PM

Edit: Oops sorry Mr. Campbell.

No need to apologize to me -- I was only asking!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

judge macbrayne

dracula1

Well old stan the man has made a few dollars from it all. I hope Mr. Steve Ditko is seeing some of it to!