Main Menu

New arrival!

Started by Wake, 23 January, 2004, 02:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

DXB: Damn, that IS sideways thinking!

Wake, glad to see that everything is going smoothly.

Home delivery (I imagine that is what little Freya was) lead to lots of extra special memories later.

Bolt-01

Floyd-the-k

Freya might be a Wagnerian reference

madgirl

Congratulations to the family Wake on the arrival of their beautiful new baby.

Emma i sympathise. Sir was born in just under 21/2 hours. I was in hospital and wanted a water birth but they wouldn't believe me that babies arrive quickly in my family. They were just telling Al that he should drive the 40 miles home and come back tomorrow as i wouldn't give birth untill the following afternoon! I nearly had him in the toilet, they got me down to the delivry room just in time. 4 weeks prem and just over 5lbs.

Your delivry looked as if it wasn't to traumatic even if it wasn't done with a midwife. I think you deserve a medal.

You have a lovely family and our congratulations once again.

Queen Firey-Bou

Booo Hooo to us who slogged 12 hours, or even with middle one, 3 days !!!   started Christmas day, but dammit i wanted me xmas dinner, mid wife came & went, yes youve started call me after xmas pudding... 28th she finally came,
then the third one was back to back, wrong way round, hospital 75 miles away... things looking dodgy for a bit, pretty nasty, but still no drugs & full on at home jumping up & down on the bubble wrapping that the midwife put on me bedroom floor... all the neighbours out doing their gardens ashen faced at my screaming... placenta burning on the coal fire, home births defo the wey to go..

except there hasnt been one in this village since (11 years) think i gave the doc rather a fright that time, poor kid came out all misshapen, but she was okay...

ahhhhh all so long ago now...

Priv8eye

Congratulations to you and your family Wake!

skull.ring

Hi Wake (and Mrs C.),

Congratulations - she's a smasher.

Groetjes

Mark

SmallBlueThing

Don't know how I missed this. Congratulations to the entirety of the family! Fairly disgusted at the shortness of the labour though- 2 and a half hours?! When The Lady Linda went into labour with our littl'un, she didn't give birth til 22 hours later!

What? Were you forcefeeding her curry or something?

Bet you can't do the same day thing again next time. Tenner if you can!

Steev

Scottiepunk

Grant Goggans

Wow!  What a cute baby!  Congratulations, Wake!

--Grant

therev

CONGRAT's!!!!!!!!!!!!

We hope to have a water birth any tips??

Trout

I've only just spotted this thread, but I hope I can still add belated best wishes to the Carters.

Birthing pool, eh?
She's very cute, but were you trying for a fish?

- Trout