Main Menu

DREDD - Blu-ray Wish List

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 18 September, 2012, 04:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

After watching the film a couple of times and seeing extra bits each time, whether that be block names, graffiti, posters, gang jackets and all the little nuances that are on screen from the characters. It's got me thinking of what we would like to see on the Ultimate Disc!

The Box
First off, the collector inside me wants at least one Limited Edition Tin Box version and this could have one of those lenticular pictures on the front. That Motion Poster would look good on the cover, or something similar!
I suppose they could do what Kick Ass did and have a window where you could slide in the cover you wanted, from the cards that they included in the box. They could have Dredd, Anderson, Ma-Ma and Lex!

At the very least I would like to see an inlay card (how many discs have nothing nowadays) or a small booklet inside. This could contain basic info and a few pictures.

If we did get a Limited Edition, it would be great if they made a certain amount available to the forum, through sales via the site. So we didn't miss out, depending on how many are produced!

The Disc
I hope they will include a 2D version with the 3D version, so we don't have to buy another separate disc.

Contents
Commentaries :- Wagner and Garland - Travis and Anthony Dod Mantle
Making of section :- Boot Camp - Stunts - Sets and Locations - CGI - Weapons and Uniform - Lawmaster - Art - Etc...
Profiles of Characters :- Not just the main three but as many as possible.
Script :- Rough to shooting version
Preview Comic :- Would be nice and would help out people who haven't seen it!
Easter Egg Locations :- This could be like they do on MTV and place a box on screen at the time it comes up saying where it is and what it's from (the what it's from is for those who won't know). They could do it with a circle around it, like they do on the sport on tv but I would prefer a box myself!
Interview Selection :- If possible a few of the most informative interviews that have been seen (I suppose the rights would get in the way of this)
Blooper Reel :- Does what it says!

That's the sort of stuff I would like to see on a DREDD disc but I'm sure things are already in motion. I'm sure I've missed some ideas off, so anyone else have any ideas of what they would love to see on the disc!

Goaty

Fisticuffs

A 2D version is a no-brainer, releasing a 3D only disc would be commercial suicide.

COMMANDO FORCES

I suppose I should have written that down as 'include the 3D in with the 2D' as that is what I meant :-[

Keef Monkey

I'd love an alternate Jock cover, maybe for the limited edition or something. That would be sweeeeeeeet.

judge devs

The Box
First off, the collector inside me wants at least one Limited Edition Tin Box

If you're gonna make it tin I'd vote make it shaped like a Lawgiver Magazine.  :)

COMMANDO FORCES

Danbo

By far the most important thing for me is the actual film it's self. I want it presented in the true letterbox aspect ratio,2.35. Nothing is more important.

NOTHING.

None of this 1.85 rubbish or even worse 1.78 like with the Avengers disc.Not half as cinematic as a full widescreen experience.

After that a nice making of and a commentary by with John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra.

Aspect ratio though first and foremost.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Danbo

And I know it depends how a film is filmed to what ratio is gets etc and I know there are other ratios(2001 is mega wide),but the letter box classic 2.35 is what I'm after,same as Jaws,Star Wars....
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Banners

Michaelvk

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 September, 2012, 04:54:17 PM
Making of section :- Boot Camp - Stunts - Sets and Locations - CGI - Weapons and Uniform - Lawmaster - Art - Etc...

I got interviewed for that.. Whether or not they'll still use it (or pixellate my face and change the pitch of my voice) is beyond me.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Goaty

Michaelvk

Quote from: Goaty on 18 September, 2012, 05:45:05 PM
And a fucking subtitles please!

What? Like:

...oooh, ahh, oooh yeah, ahh that's it..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

judge macbrayne

USB DREDD BADGE with movie on it :)

DeFuzzed

Actor commentary too - I want to hear Urban and Thirlby and Headey definitely, and others in a separate interview section. Wanna hear Lex explain his backstory, his meaning the bad judges, how they came to be that way and what Dredd had done upto that point to make him extra cautious.