Main Menu

DREDD - Blu-ray Wish List

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 18 September, 2012, 04:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Just spotted this amazing mock-up on DeviantArt. How classy is this?

Credit: nokdesigns http://nokdesigns.deviantart.com/

Spikes

Oh thats nice. I suspect thats not a million miles away from what we will get.

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

judge devs

MR. ELIMINATOR

Looks ace! Who would put that much effort into a fake, maybe it is the real thing?

Spikes

^ I hope not, and only for the reason that the special features on offer are a bit ho-hum.

chuffsteruk

A "from page to screen"doc would be nice, get some of the artists/writers of Dredd on board.

James

Just this as a wraparound please, with the necessary blurb on the back in matt white ink.

PsychoGoatee

My wishlist for the blu-ray, other than the movie itself: animated short film.

Doooo it. Maybe Punks Rule or something, done in five minutes, doooo it.

orinAGN

I'd love:
cast and crew interviews
deleted scenes
making of documentary
featurettes including Urban lobbying for this role, training, becoming the character, etc. Same sort of highlights for Ma-Ma and Anderson.
Cast and film-maker commentary
And include a digital copy of the Ma-Ma prequel comic.

Eme

i would love Olivia Thirlby  to deliver mine .......

radiator

Seeing as how Dredd has fared at the box office, I suspect a bare-bones single disc is the likeliest result. There'll probably be a few scant 'making of' type docs, but that'll be it. They're unlikely to throw a lot of resources at the home release for a movie few people saw.

Packaging will most likely be bog standard - quite similar to the mockup above I'd imagine. Entertainment UK tend to produce quite ugly packaging for their releases imo.

If it sells well, I expect we'll get a special edition further down the line - with any luck a steelbook with that Jock art on the cover, and maybe a few more features.

Alex Garland has already pretty much ruled out doing a commentary track.

Spikes

Wasnt it said, on one of the threads, that the extras had largely already been produced?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Judge Jack on 01 October, 2012, 05:02:05 PM
Wasnt it said, on one of the threads, that the extras had largely already been produced?

Yep.

orinAGN

Quote from: radiator on 01 October, 2012, 04:43:33 PM
Seeing as how Dredd has fared at the box office, I suspect a bare-bones single disc is the likeliest result. There'll probably be a few scant 'making of' type docs, but that'll be it. They're unlikely to throw a lot of resources at the home release for a movie few people saw.

Box-Office performance doesn't dictate DVD features.

For instance, look at John Carter.
It didn't make enough money at the BO.
But it's release had: • Disney Second Screen • 360 Degrees of John Carter • Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Director Andrew Stanton • Bloopers • Making of Documentary • Audio Commentary with Film Makers[/quote]

QuoteAlex Garland has already pretty much ruled out doing a commentary track.

He has?  That sucks.