Main Menu

'it' returned

Started by mrstu, 12 January, 2012, 08:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: DoomBot on 12 January, 2012, 10:51:48 PMPerhaps this is a new tack to gain favour, but to try and pass off a future shocks script as his own on this, of all forums, is madness.

As you say, trying to pull a trick like that here, where the hive-mind can give you writer, artist, Prog number, and letters page stats for that week for any given panel or line of dialogue from any given story and probably before your tea's gone cold, would be utter madness.   Partly for that reason I'm prepared to extend benefit of the doubt myself, this sort of thing happens all the time - to Alan Moore, for that matter! 

locustsofdeath!

And...it's not the first time Mrs Tu has posted a script heavily inspired by Mr. Moore's work: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,34770.msg637776.html#msg637776.

Huh.

Chris Fain

Posting a cribbed 2000 A.D. Future Shock would be, well, laughable. Posting one by the most celebrated writer in comics history, a name up there with Stan Lee, would be crazy. Posting one on the forum of a site whose comic featured said writer's work, that's just downright career suicide.

Luckily, you were just suffering from a brain fart.

Buttonman

I'll save the day and post my own script about an orbiting future prison. The men are given sentences based on what funny puns can be made up for their names. I call it 'Harry Heaven 17 and the flying prison in space'. Any takers?

I suspect this is an attempt make people look foolish so that once the script has been slagged off for being rubbish he can 'reveal' it was in fact a Moore original and we are fools who know nothing. A less obvious example should of course have been used.

TordelBack

Quote from: Buttonman on 13 January, 2012, 08:04:18 AM
I suspect this is an attempt make people look foolish so that once the script has been slagged off for being rubbish he can 'reveal' it was in fact a Moore original and we are fools who know nothing.

You've spent too long with that Ann Robinson, you have!

Spaceghost

I don't even think he even wrote this nicked script.

If you compare it to the script he posted a week ago about David and Goliath ---

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,35024.msg643214.html#msg643214

--- which was so riddled with spelling and grammatical errors that it was virtually unreadable, it's clear that the two scripts were written by different people.

Very, very sad.

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

TordelBack

Or he's been working hard to improve, on foot of criticism received.  Go easy folks, everyone makes mistakes.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

The script must obviously be abandoned due to similarity with the Alan Moore Futureshock.

mrstu, I would advise you to re-read all the Alan Moore/2000AD material forewith so you can be sure what to avoid. It's also mostly wonderful.

Whilst I think it's right to give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion, if you come back in a few weeks time with "The Ballad of Hello Jones" there will be uproar.

Proudhuff

maybe its Alan Moore doing a time travel thing? now he goes back to the 80's and makes it two pages, delete the detail and asks for Dave to do the artwork...
DDT did a job on me

Roger Godpleton

Or maybe he has Altzheimer's.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bolt-01

Well, shows me what happens when I don't pay attention. This script was in my files as well.

I say 'was'.

Note- FQ aren't in the habit of commissioning artists to draw scripts that have been extensively shared.

Ghastly McNasty

Quoteif you come back in a few weeks time with "The Ballad of Hello Jones" there will be uproar.

Other classics in the range include:

Proudhuff

I think they jumped the shark getting Johnny Depp to play John Prescott in From Hull.
DDT did a job on me

Spaceghost

Quote from: Ghastly McNasty on 13 January, 2012, 01:34:51 PM
Quoteif you come back in a few weeks time with "The Ballad of Hello Jones" there will be uproar.

Other classics in the range include:

Oh bravo sir! Fine work.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...