Cover Puns

Started by Funt Solo, 27 March, 2024, 04:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

1. Come up with a cover pun.
2. Briefly flesh out the story.

---

Cover pun: "Armitage Shanks"
Story: A young Detective-Judge Armitage goes undercover in a Brit-Cit prison to investigate a series of homicides in which the victims are drowned in toilets.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

"Maybe Later"

P.J. gets a time machine.

"Rum, Sodomy, and the Dash"

How will Dash Decent cope with being shanghaid into Captain Skank's crew?

"Banjo from Beyond the Stars"

Dan Dare returns to search the galaxy for Earl Scruggs's mysterious instrument.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

Amazon Prime

Hippolyta, one time Amazon Queen and daughter of Ares and now Sceneshifter for IP, is stranded in an alternate reality Brazil where she must deliver mysterious parcels in the jungle to stop the collapse of reality.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 27 March, 2024, 09:24:58 AMAmazon Prime

Hippolyta, one time Amazon Queen and daughter of Ares and now Sceneshifter for IP, is stranded in an alternate reality Brazil where she must deliver mysterious parcels in the jungle to stop the collapse of reality.

BRILLIANT!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

CAS - A BLANKER!

Due to some class of psychic boobery, Anderson loses her memory and doesn't recognize any of her fellow judges.
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 27 March, 2024, 11:35:09 AMCAS - A BLANKER!

Due to some class of psychic boobery, Anderson loses her memory and doesn't recognize any of her fellow judges.

I want to double down and have her go missing in Casablanca, thus opening the way for Wally Squad operative Rick Blaine to make contact. "Of all the Psi-Judges in all the woild..."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Flesh Tones

- A new line of Otto Sump make-up is accidentally contaminated with the blood of Satanus!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

M.I.K.

Dredd Retconning

Judge Dredd slowly begins to realise that aspects of his own history aren't quite how he remembers them. No one believes him until Psi Division start picking up on the changes to reality. It would appear that someone has been altering the past, but whom and for what purpose?

nxylas

Quote from: M.I.K. on 27 March, 2024, 03:07:52 PMDredd Retconning

Judge Dredd slowly begins to realise that aspects of his own history aren't quite how he remembers them. No one believes him until Psi Division start picking up on the changes to reality. It would appear that someone has been altering the past, but whom and for what purpose?
A double pun, I like it.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Barrington Boots

That's great!

Ace of Spades

Its poker of the very highest stakes for Ace Garp. The winner gets the very best shovel in the galaxy... but the loser gets castrated!

You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Legendary Shark

"M.A.C.H. to the Future"

John Probe gets a time machine.

"M.A.C.H. in Nations"

John Probe executes a cunning international plan.

"M.A.C.H. Ache"

John Probe does his back in.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Well there is clearly no way I can sensibly salute individual acts of genius here. So much great stuff - keep it up folks.

Vector14

Dredd Herring Dredd investigates illegal fishing practices in the Black Atlantic... but is there a twist in the tale?

The Legendary Shark

"In the Mean Time"

Mean Machine Angel gets a time machine.

"Doper Mean Hits"

Mean Machine Angel falls in with a group of pot-smoking hippie assassins.

"Mean in Full"

Mean Machine Angel somehow writes a significant autobiography.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Vector14

Moby Drokk

Dredd battles a mutated whale in the Black Atlantic