Main Menu

Eye spy something beginning with...

Started by Thread Zero, 05 November, 2001, 07:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Hey Wake,

You been up to your tricks again?

I need scojo spectacles now to read the text here!

shooshi and scojo

Wake

Do you mean the body text of the messages or the titles?

Is it too small, too big, blurred or what?

I've been making changes to the prog profiles page today, but not to this page (though I may have indirectly affected it)

Wake

Thread Zero

No just the titles. The letters are smaller now.

It is fine though really.

Just having a laugh!

scojo

El Spurioso

Speaking of website shennanigans, Wake, I couldn't help noticing that in a feat of miraculous time-travelling self-advertisment, this week's future shock has ALREADY been reprinted (pre-printed, surely?) in:
2000AD Annual 1987
Fleetway Books: Judge Dredd The Judge Dredd Collection 4
Fleetway Books: Judge Dredd The Judge Dredd Mega Collection

Leigh S

I think Wake is referring to one of the Daily Star Dredds here - Either

The Elopement
Bionic Bliss
Grey Flannel Con
Tomorrow's Perp

Does this mean the DSD info is up (or due to be) on the site now, Wake?  And any more moves on what's happening with the unreprinted Daily Star dredds?

Wake

It has been up for some time now. There's a link from Dredd's profile page. You can find it on the Thrills 151-200 page (3rd Nov 1984)

Last I heard, Dom-1 was going to pick up the DSD films but I don't know if he has yet.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=thrill&page=profiles&Comic=Star&choice=dredd" target="_blank">Daily Star Dredds

El Spurioso

Nah, this week's FS is called 'Spare Parts'.  There was an old DSD of the same title, and the thrillseeker thingymabob's getting the two muddled-up.

fraston

wel i spose it's all due to the stunning unoriginality of the writer eh? stealing titles today, entire story arcs tomorrow.....

Fraston

Thread Zero

Yeah, I was wondering that too!
I checked out this week's prog in the Prog zone and it has the same story content as last week.

scojo

Thread Zero

Speaking of Daily Star Dredd, I do believe Rebellion are planning to reintroduce that into the Meg sometime in the future.

I loved those old strips. I think they should print them in order from the beginning though!

Ron Smith (I loved his art) drew the very first continuous Daily Star Dredd story.

Amazing how he could draw such small panels too...

scojo