Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Tresson

Skate 3, haha.

I play this game almost every day because I like turning my brain off and just going cruising around. Hope EA make a 4th one at some point.

CheechFU

If you have the pc version of rocksmith there's this
http://www.smithyanvil.com/

The Enigmatic Dr X

God help me... I've re-installed Football Manager 2006.

I know all the players to sign from memory. Now, Wolves' team of 17 year olds is tearing up the Championship and has qualified for Europe.
Lock up your spoons!

radiator

Cave Story 3D on 3DS. Heard a lot about this game, but couldn't get on with it. After the twentieth insta-death and having to play the same five minutes over and over, and facing a seemingly impossible boss (with a strange and frustrating mechanic that levels you DOWN for not doing well) it's going on eBay.

Not that I mind hard games, but the gameplay wasn't engaging me enough to continue - too many annoying instances of 'hammer the a button while NPCs spew out the same boring dialogue again and again' didn't help matters.

To be fair, I've heard the 3D version isn't as good and I definitely would have preferred the (curiously absent from the eshop) sprite 2d version - and I imagine the murky graphics makes tricky jumps a lot harder.

amines2058

After 12 months of using old laptop due to desktop being broke, I have now finally fixed it and got it to a reasonable spec. Am now able to take a look at the 30+ steam games I have purchased in the interim but not played yet. Kicked off last night with a look at Rage, played for hour or so but it did not really grab me, is it worthy continuing. Bear in mind I am not a massive games player so do not have a lot to compare it to except lots of old school stuff!

radiator

General consensus on Rage was that it was OK/very flawed. With the overabundance of amazing games available nowadays I'd go for something with universal acclaim instead.

shaolin_monkey

Oh god, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag has taken over my life!!  It is SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!

I'm not usually a fan of Assassin's Creed - the 1st was a bit dull, the second more engaging, but remains uncompleted in my game pile of shame, and I have Brotherhood still in cellophane (I bought the extra special super duper collectors edition of Brotherhood for £6 from the Ubisoft site in a sale, just to get the faux marble box with the secret panel at the bottom).

But this one - oh my god!  It's like crack cocaine!  The story is ok so far - the usual follow, run away, chase over rooftops, stealth assassinations etc.  But what really makes this game is when you take to the High Seas for a bit of piracy.  It is so much fun!

You steer your ship, and the crew arm the cannons etc.  Once the opposing ship is below a certain health level you can board it and do hand to hand combat.  Once seized you can either scuttle it and use salvage to repair your ships. or add your ship to your fleet for a tactical mini-game that sees you opening trade routes around the world! 

Besides this, there's also whale and shark hunting, capturing sea fortresses, hunting for treasure, discovering major big bad boss shops, opening ports, brawls in taverns, earning gold to level up your ship,  and so on.  I have spent HOURS on this game, and have barely touched the story.

It is everything you could want from a game about pirates!

jackstarr

QuoteAm now able to take a look at the 30+ steam games I have purchased in the interim but not played yet.
So what are the other games in your library to choose from, if you decide to give up on Rage?

QuoteIt is everything you could want from a game about pirates!
Does it have insult sword-fighting and a three headed monkey then? ;)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: amines2058 on 16 January, 2014, 10:31:12 AM
After 12 months of using old laptop due to desktop being broke, I have now finally fixed it and got it to a reasonable spec. Am now able to take a look at the 30+ steam games I have purchased in the interim but not played yet. Kicked off last night with a look at Rage, played for hour or so but it did not really grab me, is it worthy continuing. Bear in mind I am not a massive games player so do not have a lot to compare it to except lots of old school stuff!

I liked Rage. But it is in essence a hard core, no frills, old school shooter like Quake. You pays your money, you takes your choice.
Lock up your spoons!

Theblazeuk

Deus Ex HR was a good bash if not up to the same scratch as its esteemed precursor. Mainly due to an overall weak narrative. Assuming that's in your last 12 months of purchases.

Far Cry 3 is bloody good fun too took me a while to start it but it is so much fun racing around the island and doing random things. Particularly when a bloody great bear swipes the face off the guy you're trying to fight, then starts a terrifying charge at you.

Devons Daddy

Black Flag

DAMN that's a fine game!!!!
Assassins creed greatest accomplishment to date.

Stunning, brilliant additive.
A must play!
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: jackstarr on 16 January, 2014, 05:42:20 PM

QuoteIt is everything you could want from a game about pirates!
Does it have insult sword-fighting and a three headed monkey then? ;)

Unfortunately not, although it does have ordinary monkeys and run of the mill swordfighting.  You may be pleased to hear there is a point and click element on occasion too!

radiator

Does Assassin's Creed 4 still have the stupid, ridiculous 'sci-fi/genetic memory flashback' framing device?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: radiator on 17 January, 2014, 02:53:58 PM
Does Assassin's Creed 4 still have the stupid, ridiculous 'sci-fi/genetic memory flashback' framing device?

It does, but I'm ignoring that for the moment, or at least saving those bits as quiet interludes between cannons, burning ships and sword fights.

JamesC

Quote from: radiator on 17 January, 2014, 02:53:58 PM

Heaven help us if computer games aren't allowed silly Sci Fi elements!