Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOO-HAA

Is there any value in playing the first Mass Effect first? Or could you just jump to part 2.

Also, does it work on the PC with an X Box controller?

The Enigmatic Dr X

You could get away with starting with the second. A bit like you could watch Empire without Star Wars.

And it's mouse and keyboard only, but not too difficult. Like Max Payne
Lock up your spoons!

HOO-HAA

Satanist

I lurve the Mass Effect series but still have to complete the 3rd one.

Ive been playing TxK on the Vita lately and its brilliant. This must be about the 5th time Jeff Minter has remade Tempest but when its this good who gives a toss! Oh and one of the random congratulations messages you get for beating a level is "ZARJAZ!". I dont mean its great I mean it actually says "ZARJAZ!" on the screen.

I'll try and get a photo next time.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Batman's Superior Cousin

Broken Sword The Serpent's Curse on the PSVita
The Wolf Among Us & The Walking Dead: Season Two on the PS3
Judge Dredd vs Zombies on my Mobile
Broken Sword 2.5 on my Laptop
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

The Enigmatic Dr X

Stick it to the Man which is basically Pyjamarama / Everyone's A Wally but 30 years later. With great (and I mean great) comedy writing.

EDIT: On the Vita. I mostly play games on the Vita. Mostly.
Lock up your spoons!

Hawkmumbler

South Park the Stick of Truth.

Review in a nut shell? Fucking, amazing.

Keef Monkey

Just picked up South Park myself, looking forward to sitting down to it over the weekend. Looks like a laugh riot (although Ubisoft censoring it themselves is a bit annoying and seems a weird move).

Rog69

Thief.

It's taken 10 years for the fourth game in my favourite franchise to appear and it is a big disappointment.
Compared to the previous three games it's a step backwards in terms of game play, storytelling and pretty much everything else. It doesn't even try to bring anything new to the format, it's just a shadow of the earlier games.

Theblazeuk

Something fitting about that last sentence.

Though I regret how bad the new one looks as The Metal Age was my favourite game after System Shock 2. Curse the mechanists and their metal churches

Rog69

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 08 March, 2014, 09:54:22 AM
Something fitting about that last sentence.

Though I regret how bad the new one looks as The Metal Age was my favourite game after System Shock 2. Curse the mechanists and their metal churches

Not that you'll find any mention of them in the new game, they have made no effort into putting any continuity in there at all, not even in the background. The plot of this latest game is very generic and seems to have been lazily culled from other games, you can safely ignore it and just follow the waypoints to the next thing you need to nick and be no worse off for it.

JamesC

Played a bit of the HD remake of Wind Waker.
It's a decent game for sure but there are some glaring problems that should have been sorted out. The 3D camera is atrocious, constantly putting bits of scenery in the way and blocking your view.
There are also the various tedious Zelda-isms that were already old and tiresome when this game came out first time around, namely the interminable bullshit text you have to scroll through and the awful low health alarm.
I can't understand why these games get 10 out of 10 the whole time - there are a raft of improvements that could be made and we're basically playing the same formula as was set up in A Link to the Past in the 90s.

Devons Daddy

Tomb raider! The latest edition very good.
If this is 360 standard where will the one and four be in five years mind boggling!!!

Had a play on plants v zombies
BRILLANT but for a 360 or PS3 version requires a 6gb download just to play won't offer campaign. But is bloody fun to play.
A real parody of a decent shooter.

Likely a fun buy for one or four( cheap as well)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

NapalmKev

Portal 2.

Amazing game. One of the best puzzle games ever created!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

pictsy

My better half has got me playing Pokemon Red.  If we weren't doing this together I'm not sure I'd really care that much for the game.

Also, Portal 2 is simultaneously awesome and amazing - I love that game and will even put up with Stephen Merchant's irritating voice acting as it fits the character of a mentally damaged mechanical eyeball.