General Chat > Film & TV

Wheel Of Time.....

(1/8) > >>

ThryllSeekyr:
url=http://www.tor.com/2016/04/28/tv-rights-to-the-wheel-of-time-optioned-by-new-studio-with-jordan-estates-approval/ ]Gets Optioned[/url]

Before I write more than I should, I will state that I've never read these books, but have heard of them when it was made into computer game in pre-internet times and also a table top role playing game. I really hope they don't make the same mistakes in a certain other adaption I've now given up on watching because it just looks like a excuse to party in front of everybody while only most tiny of connections with source material.

I did try to enjoy the Shannara Chronicles.

ThryllSeekyr:
So sorry about that.....

Gets Optioned

Before I write more than I should, I will state that I've never read these books, but have heard of them when it was made into computer game in pre-internet times and also a table top role playing game. I really hope they don't make the same mistakes in a certain other adaption I've now given up on watching because it just looks like a excuse to party in front of everybody while only most tiny of connections with source material.

I did try to enjoy the Shannara Chronicles.

Radbacker:
Wheel of Time is one of the first epic series I got into and aside from the massive drag with the middle 7 or so books its got a pretty decent original world behind it if they can get that across it might be something worth watching.  But lets just hope this turns out better than the last WOT pilot, sure its somewhere on You Tube but trust me you really don't want to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOCCEuROPk

oops that's a link to it, maybe you do want to watch it, its got Billy Zane in it after all :)

CU Radbacker

ThryllSeekyr:
Yeah, I was watching that before. Didn't even want to link it here partly because, I think you can find it if you really want to see it yourselves and partly out of embarrassment.

Read about that on in the article I linked and how it was almost banned.

Not sure how it hold look, but that was just not inspiring or maybe it was on some level I don't understand.

What really impressed about the novels was when somebody on Tolkien Online quoted something from them...something like I am the Dragon reborn.

That really got my interested enough to read more about it on the wiki, but that was quite a while ago now. I really need a refresher.

Shannara Chronicles... the first series of it.....looks like it's being rerun now. About to start again soon.

Rara Avis:
They have announced the casting of some of the main characters:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/wheel-of-time-series-amazon-rand-althor-josha-stadowski-perrin-marcus-rutherford-1203302153/

I have read all the books and am a bit worried about this. I guess with this and The Witcher I just don't wanr to get my hopes up for a good adaption after GoT. Chronicles of Shannara was just dreadful - fantasy made for teengers who don't read fantasy.

Regarding that pilot episode I read somewhere that the tv/film rights were about to expire so the people who owned them had to use them so they threw together a pilot and aired it on Canada's 7th most popular tv channel at 2.00am. Might give it a watch to see how dreadful it really is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version