Main Menu

Alan Moore is voting Labour

Started by shaolin_monkey, 20 November, 2019, 06:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Here you go folks. Posted by a John Reppion on Twitter:

shaolin_monkey

Frank

DC have just announced their Before Ravenous Insatiable Conservative Agenda crossover event, masterminded by Grant Morrison, and Damon Lindelof is confirmed as showrunner of HBO's Heartless Trampling Of Everybody's Safety Dignity And Dreams.

© Julius Howe

Professor Bear

Jeromey Corbyl pronounced the name of a billionaire pedophile in a very antisemitic way so I cannot vote Labour.

Jim_Campbell

Now the entire election rests on whether Grant Morrison decides if he a) supported Corbyn at least three years before Moore did, or b) has a quick wank over a photo of Michael Gove to assure a Conservative victory.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 November, 2019, 07:37:59 PM
Now the entire election rests on whether Grant Morrison decides if he a) supported Corbyn at least three years before Moore did, or b) has a quick wank over a photo of Michael Gove to assure a Conservative victory.

:lol:

Or he can do the same magic spell he did to keep The Invisibles from folding:  Get everyone else he knows to wank over a squiggle he drew (and, though it's barely worth mentioning, enforce the wank magic slightly by getting them to vote the same way and then convince everyone they know to vote the same way.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 November, 2019, 07:37:59 PM
... has a quick wank over a photo of Michael Gove ...

And they say there are no entirely original ideas.

CalHab

I hesitate to ask this, but what's the story with the Grant Morrison hand-shandy jokes?

Frank

Quote from: CalHab on 21 November, 2019, 11:41:07 AM
I hesitate to ask this, but what's the story with the Grant Morrison hand-shandy jokes?

After an iffy storyline where Morrison did a Pat Mills and sent his heroes travelling in time, sales of his creator-owned DC title, The Invisibles, were tanking.

Morrison used the letters page of the comic to urge readers to take part in a magic ritual designed to reverse falling circulation. At an appointed time, they would focus on a magic symbol he'd devised and masturbate - the idea being that the release of accumulated orgone energy would power the sigil *

* In the same way a blood sacrifice is supposed to power ritual ceremony. Magic is bollocks, obviously, but his request generated publicity and endeared him to readers. The book survived long enough for the storyline to limp to a conclusion and Morrison basically rebooted the comic as an action adventure title bursting with spunk, relocating events to the US and copying Mills's old formula of making sure that whatever esoteric nonsense he filled the book with someone always got shot or made something explode in every issue and the book became a cult success that survived for many years

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 21 November, 2019, 01:22:44 PM
Magic is bollocks, obviously...

And yet...

Quote... the book became a cult success that survived for many years

Clarke's 4th Law: Any sufficiently advanced PR scheme is indistinguishable from co-ordinated occultowanking.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Frank on 21 November, 2019, 01:22:44 PM
Quote from: CalHab on 21 November, 2019, 11:41:07 AM

After an iffy storyline where Morrison did a Pat Mills and sent his heroes travelling in time, sales of his creator-owned DC title, The Invisibles, were tanking.

Morrison used the letters page of the comic to urge readers to take part in a magic ritual designed to reverse falling circulation. At an appointed time, they would focus on a magic symbol he'd devised and masturbate - the idea being that the release of accumulated orgone energy would power the sigil *

* In the same way a blood sacrifice is supposed to power ritual ceremony. Magic is bollocks, obviously, but his request generated publicity and endeared him to readers. The book survived long enough for the storyline to limp to a conclusion and Morrison basically rebooted the comic as an action adventure title bursting with spunk, relocating events to the US and copying Mills's old formula of making sure that whatever esoteric nonsense he filled the book with someone always got shot or made something explode in every issue and the book became a cult success that survived for many years

There was also a next step after the wanking bit - you had to go out and convince a friend to buy a copy of The Invisibles too.  This may have had an effect too.

I tried to like the invisibles, I really did.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rately

I think we can all get behind Occult-wanking.

von Boom

Quote from: Rately on 21 November, 2019, 02:09:15 PM
Isn't that what this board is all about?

shaolin_monkey

What, like a mystic reach-around?

Rately

Quote from: von Boom on 21 November, 2019, 02:56:54 PM
Isn't that what this board is all about?

Didn't come here for the 2000AD content! Did you?