General Chat > Events

Thought Bubble 2020

<< < (2/16) > >>

flip-r mk2:
I've booked myself into the Old Swan again.

filippo

Mike Carroll:

--- Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 January, 2020, 08:43:03 AM ---I've already booked the hotel for the weekend to get a decent price.

--- End quote ---

Leonia and I have been debating whether to go this year -- we've never been to Thought Bubble before -- but if you're going to be there, we're definitely going!

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 January, 2020, 08:43:03 AM ---I found the new venue ace. We were in the 'middle' hall, so had a colossal throughput of attendees heading to and from places.

Harrogate itself was grand, too.

--- End quote ---

I've been to a couple of the Leeds ones in years gone by and always found it a bit bewildering with stuff spread out all over the place, but Harrogate was engagingly compact with agreeable boozers and restaurants within very short walking distance of the convention and stuffed to the rafters with friendly comics folks.

Pub find of the weekend went to Pete Wells, who managed to find one whose food offering consisted entirely of pies, pasties and sausage rolls — basically a Greggs that served beer. :-)

Bolt-01:

--- Quote from: Mike Carroll on 24 January, 2020, 02:37:55 PM ---Leonia and I have been debating whether to go this year -- we've never been to Thought Bubble before -- but if you're going to be there, we're definitely going!

--- End quote ---

I've been telling the organisers to ask you over for the last three years, so this is wonderful news. Myself and Izzy will be there from the Friday to the Sunday.

Tiplodocus:
Yeah, I really enjoyed it (my first TB) and plan to be back for more this year. Panels I attended were great fun too.

Train journey from Calhab was a bit of a faff but meant I could also drink in the aforementioned Greggs with Beer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version