Main Menu

Sensitive Klegg Model Raffle for Magic Breakfast

Started by shaolin_monkey, 22 October, 2020, 01:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

By now you will no doubt have seen the awful response from the UK government regarding feeding millions of our vulnerable children over Xmas.
I do not feel we can stand by and watch this disaster unfold in front of us. We have no choice now but to support charities that will do this work for us.

That is why I have chosen Magic Breakfast for my fundraising raffle, which aims to provide the most vulnerable children their first meal of the day, and for many their only meal of the day.

Some of you will have participated in my model raffles before, where we raised a huge amount for Save the Children. I am asking you once again to please dig deep for the kids of the U.K.
The prizes are absolute one-offs. If you are a Judge Dredd fan and you win one of these you will be safe in the knowledge that no-one else has a piece like this.

The first prize is everyone's favourite, Sensitive Klegg, inspired by the famous 2000AD cover drawn by Chris Weston. Many folk have asked if I will ever raffle him, and I said no. However, the situation now demands that you get your chance to win this peaceful giant alien lizard!

The second prize is the only Judge Dredd Portable Rad-Sleet Simulator (or Snowglobe) known to exist. My creation was inspired by Judge Dredd and his squad in their bid to reach Dan Tanna Junction to stop the Sov invasion, wading through inclement weather after Weather Control was destroyed.

PLEASE READ THE RAFFLE RULES CAREFULLY

Here's the deal with the raffle:
One ticket = £4
Three tickets = £10
Seven tickets = £20

You can enter as many times as you like. However, you can ONLY WIN ONE PRIZE.

I will be drawing for 2nd prize first. If you win , and your name is drawn a second time, I will redraw for 1st prize.
If you want to be included in the raffle you MUST provide your name and one way by which I can contact you if you win.

PLEASE donate if you are not entering the raffle. Any amount will be gratefully received.

I will be keeping the page open until 22/11/20, and doing the draw shortly after that. I will then contact the lucky winners and arrange for the items to be parcelled you and posted.

Thank you everyone! Please give generously - we need to feed our kids this Xmas.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dreddmodelraffle

shaolin_monkey

Wow - nearly 40% of target overnight! Thank you!

Please keep buying those raffle tickets folks.  :)

Colin YNWA

Thanks for doing this David. Its a shocking indictment of our current Government that you have to!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 October, 2020, 08:29:03 AM
Thanks for doing this David. Its a shocking indictment of our current Government that you have to!

It is, isn't it? A total failure of the state.

I was incandescent with anger when those votes came in. I thought I'd try and turn that energy into something more positive.

Barrington Boots

It's not on to call them scum, yet there they are voting to see children go hungry.
What a failure of the state.
Good on you for doing this dude.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Proudhuff

Well done for acting on this SM, I believe charity is a sign of govt failure, but this needs to be done! Tickets bought!

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 October, 2020, 12:59:46 PM
Well done for acting on this SM, I believe charity is a sign of govt failure, but this needs to be done! Tickets bought!

Thank you for buying the tickets!

And yes, I totally agree - charity shouldn't be needed to make sure millions of kids in the sixth richest nation in the world get a meal.

I wish we had any other choice, but the kids can't wait for the adults to sort it out.

Thanks to all - I can't believe we've almost hit target before the day is out!! I really appreciate everyone's generosity.

Funt Solo

"Thatcher, Thatcher, milk-snatcher!"

The Tories don't change.

---

Thanks for your generosity, s_m.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

shaolin_monkey

A huge thank you to everyone who has donated to the raffle so far!! Together we have absolutely smashed the target in 24 hours!

Can we reach £1000 before the draw at the end of November? Please share this with anyone you think may be interested!

Colin YNWA

Tjm86

Currently at £700 odd quid.  £1k seems well within reach.

A nice rebuttal to Ben Bradley ...

Funt Solo

It's nice to think of the Tories as just a BUMP in the road...

Great to see your fundraising going so well.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

shaolin_monkey

Thanks folks!! £855!! Amazing!

Make sure you leave some way of identifying yourself, so I can include you in the raffle!