2000 AD > News

Brian Bolland Apex Edition

<< < (9/18) > >>

seanharry:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 August, 2021, 09:56:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 August, 2021, 09:42:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: BPP on 05 August, 2021, 09:27:09 AM ---Let’s say if it was McMahon I’d be raiding my penny jar despite 150 being a absolute wedge of cash.
--- End quote ---
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Rebellion doing the same for the McMahon equivalent that’s coming down the pipe.

--- End quote ---

Yeah looking at this I realised I'd not bought similar volumes for Eisner, Jeff Smith's Bone or David Mazzucchelli's Born Again, so I couldn't justify going for this.

Now if that McMahon volume ever came to light that would be a MUCH harder question...

--- End quote ---

I was contacted about a McMahon Apex edition currently being put together, but when I told them what the two pages of his work that I owned where, they lost interest. Probably because they where ABC Warriors and Ro-Busters pages and not Judge Dredd.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: seanharry on 06 August, 2021, 11:24:47 PM ---Probably because they where ABC Warriors and Ro-Busters pages and not Judge Dredd.

--- End quote ---

That makes me sad — Mick's work on the Fall and Rise of Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein, especially, is a very significant point in his artistic evolution. His work was very 'brushy' for much of the period prior, but his self-expressed desire to compete with Kev O'Neill led him into a much harder, sharper pen-based line that's informed most of his work since then. For me, that Ro-Busters series, followed by his work on ABC Warriors, was the point where Mick's work 'clicked' for me, and I was prepared to follow him wherever he wanted to go in developing his style.

Colin YNWA:
Firstly YAH! If a Mike McMahon volume is being prepared, but I agree it would be a shame if they focused on Dredd and Slaine (one assumes) it would be great to see a variety of his work.

It would also be nice to see his work from across his career. I love McMahon's work thoughout his career and would love to see some of his later work included (if its not digital???) and not just his so called 'classic' stuff.

Magnetica:
I ordered the standard i.e. the non slipcase edition today. Didn’t see any comms from Rebellion that this version is now on sale. Thinking about it, it has been for a while, it just didn’t register with me that this was the non slipcase edition.

BTW it’s a tenner for p&p!

Also the slop case editor no loner seems to be on the 2000AD web shop.

Swerty:
On the Brian Bolland appreciation Facebook page he reports someone his selling one of his stolen pages from The Cursed Earth saga.Also a cover for a certain comics anniversary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version