Kiss His Cape..?

(1/8) > >>

Funt Solo:
DC Comics reveal that latest Superman character is bisexual

rogue69:
Tim Drake's Robin came out as Bi back in August as well
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58184320

Colin YNWA:
The reaction has been depressingly predictable from some corners of fandom.

Though of course we should celebrate the fact its been embraced by other. Tom Taylor (current writer) was on BBC Breakfast briefly this morning too. I think an extract from an interview elsewhere.

One day this won't even be news, but while it needs to be to shift mindsets lets embrace the slow progress.

The Legendary Shark:

Makes sense for Supes to be bi, I think. Given the way Kryptonians reproduce by some kind of cloning (?) process, their society would have no need to enforce, encourage, or endorse strict or even prevalent heterosexuality. Some good and thoughtful stories could stem from this aspect of Superman's inherited culture clashing with his adopted one. Bravo, DC.

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 October, 2021, 10:12:22 AM ---Makes sense for Supes to be bi, I think. Given the way Kryptonians reproduce by some kind of cloning (?) process, their society would have no need to enforce, encourage, or endorse strict or even prevalent heterosexuality. Some good and thoughtful stories could stem from this aspect of Superman's inherited culture clashing with his adopted one. Bravo, DC.

--- End quote ---

It's the son of Superman and Lois that's bi, not the original Clark Kent supes, so I'm not sure how much inherited Kryptonian culture he'd have, but your point's a good one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version