Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Snapshot vs Tribal memories - Round 1 Heat 34

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 November, 2021, 06:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week... eerrrr is anyone keeping count anymore? (well yes I am its 5) and you know what if I said Week 4 was a step up in quality, well I'd suggest this week is even better. See what you reckon...

Is there a four part story that has had close to the impact as Tribal memories? It's hard to remember one. Mind Space Spinner's recent(ish) evaluation has really made me think about it as a series. So what can possibly stand a chance against a thrill like that... well surely Andy Diggle and Jock stand a good chance!

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Snapshot - more info

Vs.

Tribal Memories - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 25th November and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

O Lucky Stevie!

Tribal Memories. in a heart beat. One of the most intelligent pieces of proper science fiction to ever appear in the prog.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

rogue69

AlexF

Snapshot isn't bad, and is possibly the more coherent of the two. But Tribal Memories is just so much more interesting, from the idea of the story (for all that it's as much a copy of Brave New World as it as a riff on it) to the art style. A real shame that Tony 'Riot' Wright didn't do any more stuff for 200AD after this.

Tribal Memories all the way.

IndigoPrime

I don't recall a single thing about Snapshot, but I re-read Tribal Memories now and again and it lodged in my brain. On that basis, Tribal Memories.

Link Prime

sheridan

I think I'm in line with the crowd in that I think Snapshot is good and all, but am voting for Tribal Memories - one of those votes where it's a shame that one has to lose out.

Southstreeter

Funt Solo

Snapshot starts strong, but goes a bit lamo potato in the third act. Tribal Memories is a mini-classic from the archives - it has ... themes!

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Huey2