Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Metalzoic vs Harry Kipling (deceased) - Rd 1 Heat 42

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2021, 06:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 6 and, brace yourself, we get over the half way marker in Round 1... yes when I said this was the biggest of these things yet I wasn't messing about! We're not even half way... in Round 1... and Round 2 is bigger than Round 1 before you get your hopes up... we're in for the long haul here folks!

Looooookk we discussed this a couple of times - I know Metalzoic is a fudge. I KNOW it shouldn't be here based on my own rules of entry BUT just about everyone who discussed it agreed exceptions need to be made for this most 2000ad of none qualifying thrills... oh and Harry Kipling something something...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Metalzoic - more info

Vs.

Harry Kipling (deceased) - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 2nd December and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

JayzusB.Christ

Kipling was fine, but Metalzoic storms it for me here.  Pat could do no wrong in those days.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

AlexF

For once we're actually comparing oranges with oranges - two thrills whose major asset is a bonkers artist who loves nothing more than to create weird beasties and to fill up backgrounds with absurd amount of details. Two stories whose settings involve some sort of nebulous future-time in which humans still exist, but the rules about what is going on and where, and who has what levels of power are more confusing than not. And of course two protagonists who are on missions to find and kill god(s).

I'm voting for the story where God more or less wins - so that's Metalzoic.

abelardsnazz

IndigoPrime

Quote from: broodblik on 29 November, 2021, 06:18:09 AM
Metalzoic - just wish someone DC or Rebellion can reprint this
I recall Mills said it nearly happened, but something derailed a reprint effort. A pity. I'd love this in HC, ideally in B+W.

So, yeah, Metalzoic.

Magnetica

Metalzoic.

As much as I love Kev O'Neill's black and white art, on Metalzoic it's not always clear what's going on. The colour DC trade makes things much clearer.

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 November, 2021, 10:10:31 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 29 November, 2021, 06:18:09 AM
Metalzoic - just wish someone DC or Rebellion can reprint this
I recall Mills said it nearly happened, but something derailed a reprint effort. A pity. I'd love this in HC, ideally in B+W.

So, yeah, Metalzoic.

'something' being DC - I'm sure Mills, O'Neill and Rebellion would all love for it to be reprinted (well, depending on how Mills is feeling about reprints this month).

sheridan

Oh, and no offence to Harry Kipling, but Metalzoic, without hesitation.