Main Menu

2023 Advent Comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Please post any comments you have for the Advent 2023 below - Please keep them clean  :D
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dash Decent

Great work, Trooper McFad.  I love how you've got Dredd looking up at the Mean Elf.  Also, I seriously want to check out the art on your walls!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 December, 2023, 07:00:35 AMGreat work, Trooper McFad.  I love how you've got Dredd looking up at the Mean Elf.  Also, I seriously want to check out the art on your walls!

Thanks Dash

I love your "1st Double" and if you continue these each day it will be the dollop of double cream (or brandy butter) to the mince pies served up each day

As for the art these are my only 3 pieces of "original art" I have hanging on my walls. (I have a sketch book of con art filling up nicely)
The 2 smaller ones are from Ian Kennedy- a Strontium Dog picked up at the 40th birthday bash and a Hammerstein & Ro-jaws picked up at a Glasgow con a couple of years later. They are A4 on board and painted. He was a lovely man to meet and I was privileged to do so.
As for the 3rd piece well I have my beautiful and thoughtful wife to thank for that. It's the ink A3 and sketch of a Carlos Dredd (my avatar), she contacted him without my knowledge as it was our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I received it 3 months before he passed 🙁

Colin YNWA

Well its here and we open with a BANG. Fantastic openning folks and Trooper McFad your year long passion for keeping this venerable tradition going is paying off already.

Hats off sir you are amongst our finest indeed. 

JohnW

Trooper – up to your usual standard.
I know you've shown us how you do it, but I still don't know how you do it. Given my growing shortsightedness and the ever increasing thumbsiness of my fingers, I think I'd be hard pressed to stick two Lego bricks together these days.

Dash – I'll thank you to submit a poorer effort tomorrow. I don't want my own submission to be upstaged.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Le Fink

Great way to kick things off, Troop, and Dash. Mean on a shelf is brilliant. Hope we are getting a Dash cartoon every day??? I'm just glad mine falls on a Sunday - I know what I'm doing Saturday! 

Dash Decent

Quote from: Le Fink on 01 December, 2023, 04:02:32 PMHope we are getting a Dash cartoon every day???

I've got enough old entries to do that, but only if no one minds.  I don't want to steal attention away from the lreal daily poster.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dash Decent on 01 December, 2023, 09:00:08 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on 01 December, 2023, 04:02:32 PMHope we are getting a Dash cartoon every day???

I've got enough old entries to do that, but only if no one minds.  I don't want to steal attention away from the lreal daily poster.

I don't mind at all - it s as adds sprinkles on top of the festive cheer 🎅🏻

Colin YNWA

Le Fink

Trooper McFad

Wow JW so different to l lol last year. Wasn't expecting that.
They are great- I want to watch that football match😂

Dash Decent

John W, I love both those.  Brilliant ideas and very skillfully executed.  I really love the "The decorations go up earlier every year", that's gold.

Coincidentally I had this idea come to me just this morning:

Rogue Trooper: Blighty Valley Christmas
Snow lies everywhere.
Bagman: Incoming!
Bird's eye view of Rogue down in a snow-covered trench.  A small fast shape flashes rapidly towards Rogue.
Buddah-buddah-buddah!  Gunnar blows it to bits.
Rogue looks down at the unidentifiable remains.  "What the hell was that?"
Two WWI soldiers, one from each side, appear at the top of the trench.
"Excuse me mister... have you seen our ball?"

Great minds think alike, they say!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

JohnW

Quote from: Dash Decent on 02 December, 2023, 10:17:51 AMCoincidentally I had this idea come to me just this morning:
I made it just in time, then.
Blighty Valley was indeed my inspiration, and early Rogue Troopers are part of the wallpaper on the inside of my head, so it all came to me naturally.

Your "doubtful" double-ups aren't doubtful enough, sir. I fear you are stealing my thunder.
Carry on, though. I like 'em. (And I don't care now that my own submission is out of the way.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Vector14

Loving these so far.
Dash Decent please feel free to post a doubtful double up on Monday.
I did my back in yesterday trying to lift my daughter, in the stroller up a stairs. So I don't feel like hunching over a sketchpad at the moment.
And if no one minds I'll double up myself on someone elses post later in the month.

Dash Decent

Will do, Vector14.  I hope you feel better soon.  Back pain is the worst!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll