Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

I've often told people that 'Like A Virgin' is all about a girl that digs a guy with a big dick.
Surprisingly few people get the reference!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: radiator on 17 January, 2013, 07:18:01 PM
I bloody love Up. Second only to the Toy Story trilogy in Pixar's catalogue IMO. Lovely, lovely film, and a future classic.

Funnily enough, I was having a debate with myself about this while driving earlier (hey! it's a long day!) and almost settled on Wall.E. But I have to go for Monsters Inc as my favourite. You simply cannot beat "Put that thing back where you found it or so help me!" or that genius final scene, or the room of doors...

Buttonman

The Paperboy - pissing!, wanking!, shitting! Good fun but all over the shop!

DrRocka

Les Mis, with Dad, last night in the same pokey little cinema we saw Skyfall.

Bloody loved it. Many a sniffle from Rocka Jr and Sr, loads to discuss on the journey home, and possibly only the second time I've actually felt STUNNED by a film. After a certain grim copper movie I watched last year, of course.
Never ever bloody anything ever

HdE

Watched a double whammy of DREDD (yaaaaayy!!!) and Jo Nesbo's HEADHUNTERS last night - two movies so good, I felt inexplicably compelled to type their titles in all-caps.

We KNOW Dredd's fantastic, so I'll say no more about it.

Headhunters, though, was fantastic fun! A movie where I honestly had no idea where things were going, and which seemed to fully accept that its premise was preposterous, but just embraced it and went with it. And I very much liked how it ended.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

I, Cosh

Quote from: Buttonman on 17 January, 2013, 07:57:43 PM
The Paperboy - pissing!, wanking!, shitting! Good fun but all over the shop!
Good to see both 100 movies beginning with W and The Definite Article back in business again, however briefly.
We never really die.

Buttonman

I got a reader! Have to nurture!

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: HdE on 17 January, 2013, 10:49:19 PM
Watched a double whammy of DREDD (yaaaaayy!!!) and Jo Nesbo's HEADHUNTERS last night - two movies so good, I felt inexplicably compelled to type their titles in all-caps.

We KNOW Dredd's fantastic, so I'll say no more about it.

Headhunters, though, was fantastic fun! A movie where I honestly had no idea where things were going, and which seemed to fully accept that its premise was preposterous, but just embraced it and went with it. And I very much liked how it ended.

Loved headhunters, what a great movie. Dredd too of course.

HdE

Y'know, with regard to Headhunters...

I likes me some Scandinavian thrillers. Some AWESOME stuff comes out of that region. But it's not necessarily my first choice when I want to watch a FUN movie. Headhunters was both gripping AND fun, which is no mean feat.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Hawkmumbler

Watched Femina Ridens (Piero Schivazappa-1969) last night in a double bill with Baba Yaga (Corrado Farino-1973) as part of the Shameless Pop Erotica Fest box set (also includes Venus is Furs-Massimo Dallamano-1969). A pair of soft core sexploitation flick's, the latter based of the stunning comic book series by Guido Crepax). Both very entertaining with Femina being the better of the two, a (originaly) missing masterpiece.

willthemightyW

Headhunters for me too (which was great!), and today I went and saw Django Unchained at lunch (yeah I had a three hour lunch) which was absolutely amazing! The first Tarantino film I've actually been able to go see on the big screen, and I very nearly didn't get in, every time the guy looked like he was going to ask me for I.D, he backed out! BUt hey, I'm only a few months away now!
By the way, Django Unchained has what is IMO one of best (if not 'coolest') shoot-outs ever!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

blackest

watched paranorman and argo both of which i enjoyed.

shaolin_monkey

I intended to make Dredd more watched than Star Wars: ANH.  However, I shot this target in the foot last night by watching Star Wars: ANH again. I watched via my xbox through an HDI cable, and on my new telly.

The incredibly crisp picture didn't do it any favours though.  While the special effects still looked sharp and fairly realistic, it highlighted how cruddy and primitive some of the physical props were, most notably the control panels on the Death Star, and in the Rebel Base.

While Lucas's distillation of folk tales into one plot makes the story timeless, in other ways the film is looking quite dated.

Then I watched Dredd again, and balance was restored.

JamesC

Django Unchained. Go see it, it's brilliant.

Richmond Clements

Super 8. Not so much a movie as a love letter to the late '70s/early '80s. Loved it.