Main Menu

Dexter: Series 7

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 25 January, 2013, 05:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I know this has been and gone in the US but we Brits get to see what happens after that unbelieveable ending to the last series :o :o :o

It returns to the UK but at the moment only via FOX on your cable/satellite. It starst again on Sunday the 24th February at 21:00

Link Prime

I've been spoiler avoiding this for what seems like a short ice-age.
Nearly every spoiler free review has indicated that Dex has his mojo back, so can't wait!

DaveGYNWA

You're in for a treat - I'm an obsessive with regards to Dexter, and have to have it as soon it's on. It's almost season 4-level again.

The wife was miles behind me until recently - she finally started season 4 about 2 weeks ago, and flew threw that on Netflix. On to Season 5 for her, and just finished - she enjoyed it more than I did (found it a bit of a come-down compared to season 4) and she's about to start Season 6 tonight. She's got a thing for religion related murder/horror, so this one is right up her alley.

Have fun!!
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Rog69

Really looking forward to this myself, pity it takes an age to make it over the pond to the UK compared to a lot of US series these days.

Season 4 was superb but the quality of the rest has been consistently good too, unlike the novels which took a real nosedive after the first two.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm with you Link Prime trying to avoid spoilers. I had two seasons ruined by people telling me of major deaths and so avoid everything about the show on the net.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Rog69 on 26 January, 2013, 07:33:47 PM
Season 4 was superb but the quality of the rest has been consistently good too.

Agreed - for me, it started good and got better all the way through to Season 4....so that's the rating there 1 - 2 - 3 - 4.

Even though I didn't really enjoy season 5, it was still good - watching it again recently allowed me to drop the "it was crap" idea I had in my head hehe. Good thing, for me, is that it's gone 5 - 6- 7 for me. So if season 8 can match season 4, then I'm a happy fecking bunny.

Van Dom

Yeah guys Im happy to report Season 7 is a keeper, after a very poor season 6 and a weak-ish (though I enjoyed it) season 5. 7 is off the chain.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

blackest

just started watching season 5.only just started being a dexter 'fan' so to speak about 2 months ago.my brother had been telling me to watch it for years and now i love it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Watched the season finale last night and what an ending, as this sets the last ever season (or not) up perfectly. How on earth are they gonna get out of that mess :o

Season 8 starts on the 7th July, so it ain't that long to wait :thumbsup:

Van Dom

Yeah it was a cracker of an ending, great season overall. Looking forward to 8. And yes, it is definitely the last. There's a couple of teaser trailers knocking around, which look ominous!!! Cant see there be any happy endings for anyone in here!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

DaveGYNWA

Told ya that you were in for a treat :D

Great news that the last series will be on soon after it starts in America....no need for downloads for me this time around. And that teaser after the episode last night was a nice bonus.

COMMANDO FORCES

That final scene with the main players all together was amazing, as I honestly didn't have a clue as to which way it would fall and when it did, I was just :o :-X :o :-X :o :-X

Spikes

Id forgotten all about Dexter. Seven seasons, going on eight now? Damn.

(Caught the first two series when they was shown on terrestrial TV, but ive seen nowt more of this since it left to go elsewhere).

Link Prime

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 May, 2013, 06:47:44 PM
That final scene with the main players all together was amazing, as I honestly didn't have a clue as to which way it would fall and when it did, I was just :o :-X :o :-X :o :-X

I felt the same (apart from knowing that he was back for one more season- but anyone else was fair game to die).
A brilliant 7th season, best since the 4th.
Am eagerly awaiting the final act.

DaveGYNWA

Yep - [spoiler]Each time they focused on Debra, with the gun, you were waiting for the directional move of the gun from Dexter to LaGuerta.....and when the shot goes off, they've moved back to focusing 'over her shoulder' and I had to do a double-take to see which one she had shot. Loved that bit. And the scene of them walking through the party after all this - the look of shock on both of their faces, with that voiceover, just leaves you wanting more. Can't wait to see how they've covered this one up.[/spoiler]

With regards to the teaser trailer:

[spoiler]Debra's comment of "I shot the wrong person in the trailer" (paraphrased) is chilling.[/spoiler]