Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Great looking page, that - love the way it's put together. I actually prefer it in black and white.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Rogue Judge

Boots, I store my art in typical art folders, that can hold pages 11x17 and under. The larger pages are stacked between large sheets of acid free backing. How about yours?

My wife is an artsy type and has agreed to have a go at framing a couple pages...we'll see how it goes! I'll be sure to get the archival mounting tape too, thanks for that tip.

Barrington Boots

I don't have a folder, hence my asking! I have a handful of pages not on the wall that I've carefully stored and need something to display them in - most of them are A3 so something like that would be ideal.

Good luck with the framing, hope to see some pics up here soon!

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 22 February, 2023, 02:20:44 PMI don't have a folder, hence my asking! I have a handful of pages not on the wall that I've carefully stored and need something to display them in - most of them are A3 so something like that would be ideal.

Good luck with the framing, hope to see some pics up here soon!

You can get some decent folders at a local art supplies store (Like Michaels) or even on Amazon. I like the folders so I can flip through and enjoy the art, but that still doesn't solve the problem of getting them on the wall!

You bet - I'll post pics when I manage to get a couple framed. Cheers

Barrington Boots

As per the mention on the Yoinks / Bah thread... Please excuse the quickly taken snap.
Frame removed and I'll have to get this re-mounted at some point. If I can find room on my wall, it's going up!

Colin YNWA

Lovely page. Which kinda goes without saying for a Henry Flint page, but always worth so as they are so good.

Love the different body language with the SJS Judges.

Trooper McFad

Thanks for sharing Boots it's a cracking page 👍🏻 No pun intended 😂😂
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

Groan!
'Smashing' compliments guys!

broodblik

Awesome as stated previously I have a nice open spot here in my office.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Necroposting here but finally got my hands on a Carlos original!

An 80s Ezquerra Stront page is my holy grail: now that I've finally got the money together for one, the prices have gone up and up to the point where whenever I see one that's not absolutely perfect, I end up dithering and don't buy it. This was a lot more affordable and may be as close as I get. This would look grand on my wall although full bleed and the lettering on laminate, so it'll be a devil to frame.

(oh and if you've got a Carlos Stront page and want to sell it, drop me a line!)

Colin YNWA

Wow that is a GREAT page - well done!