Main Menu

Fundraiser to Honour Carlos Ezquerra

Started by The All-Father, 03 October, 2018, 07:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Quote from: Tjm86 on 04 October, 2018, 08:31:24 PM
Quote from: GordonR on 04 October, 2018, 04:57:22 PM
Dale Jackson's permanently banned from the Thought Bubble con for assaulting a 2000AD member of staff.

Am I going insane or was it someone else that had the stall with the art and overpriced progs at Lawgiver?  Happy to be put right mind.

Tjm- Lawgiver was not organised by either Rebellion or the folk that organise TB.

JayzusB.Christ

I remember when he used to post here; and I knew he could be belligerent and obnoxious.  But assaulting a 2000ad staff member - sweet feck, I had no idea.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Leigh S

I have no inside knowledge of Dale, and knowing he is a known figure, I'm sure the raised money will make it's way to where it is pledged.  However, I have to say, while I notionally agree with Frank's sentiment and not being party to whatever else went on, the quoted post (from a new boarder admittedly) did give me some pause for alarm bells, hopefully false ones, but even so.

I hope someone close to Carlos' family is watching out for them from Rebellion's side and it would be good form for them to speak to the family in any case -  failing that, Pat Mills might be a good conduit for sound advice (not a phrase you hear every day!) with regards how the family handle his estate and art archive?

Quote from: Clyde on 04 October, 2018, 11:31:56 PM
Are you not listening? The "good cause" is a sideshow. Sure, she'll get the money alright, but nonetheless, while he was with us Carlos Ezquerra would not deal with him. Perhaps Mrs. Ezquerra hasn't even heard of Dale Jackson, but do you think she'll say no to him after a £3,000 fundraiser – all paid for by other people – when he comes around asking for artwork? Why does he suddenly feel so disposed to help out a widow whose husband wouldn't have anything to do with him? I mean, does that even seem like something he'd do, in between harassing and assaulting people? When Brett Ewins passed Jackson was straight round to the family, but only to help himself.

Clyde

New, yes, but I've met him in person and all he did was badmouth Mike Molcher the entire time, and try to convince me that Simon Bisley could barely read or write.

Leigh S

To be fair, neither of those are immediate cause to question the motive behind the fund, if any, but you make a good point about the potential conflict of interests, not withstanding any previous form.  As I say, hopefully Carlos' family will get good advice from Rebellion and friends in teh know (like Pat)

Quote from: Clyde on 05 October, 2018, 04:08:00 PM
New, yes, but I've met him in person and all he did was badmouth Mike Molcher the entire time, and try to convince me that Simon Bisley could barely read or write.