Main Menu

Judge Dredd Megazine gets bigger, better and badder!

Started by 2000AD Online, 16 September, 2004, 09:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

I much preferred the perfect boundness style of Vol.4 - it gave the Megazine a pseudo 'magazine' (see what I did there?) feel, and really seperated it from the weekly. I often feel the Meg is just a '2000AD Plus' suppliment rather than a seperate comic in it's own right.

Really looking forward to Shimera's return. Although the last few stories weren't too hot, the first two stories were total aces. Here's hoping it's back on top form.

Also, on a side note, we've been getting quite a few 2000AD news updates recently: I applaud! It's great to get these.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Dudley

It's mainly down to J-BO, innit?  All hail to his headbeating ways!

Marbles

"maintain its lead within the monthly comic book market"

LOL. And the competition for this position is ???
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Oddboy

Is this revamp Graham Rolfe's last job, or Luke Preece's first job?
Better set your phaser to stun.

JamieB

Luke's doing the books. This revamp is Simon Parr stepping up to the plate...

J-Bo-1

Devons Daddy

LOL. And the competition for this position is ???

surely the yank stuff.
my local dealer has plenty of american comics on a monthly delivery schedule.whilst not anthologys they are basically monthly,comic books with a high cover price in the same bracket as the megazine.

i personally think the megazine has eclipsed the prog in recent months. for sheer thrill power. not a single miss for me.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Proudhuff

A wee spoiler alert would have helped: the twist in the 1st story given away, Hurmph!

Which school's prefects are doing the binding?

Good luck with this chaps onward and upward!! hope it doesn't go too 'off message nor dilute the message...

Looking forward to Bishop vs, sorry, interviewing Pat Mills ( Huff lobs handgrenade and legs it)

Proud-H

DDT did a job on me

W. R. Logan

>Be careful not to spill over into too much territory already covered by Previews, CI and SFX though.

I'd say the majority of the Megs readers read none of the above so even if there is some crossover it'll be fresh to the majority of readers.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

test 4 echo

even if it is fresh to the majority, maybe they read none of the above because it doesnt interest them. pesonally i've thought the meg was on a bit of a high at the moment and not in need of a revamp.

so long as the amount of strip pages stays the same, fine. and if the Dredd Files disappears to make way for something else i'm unlikely to be interested in reading i wont be to bothered

W. R. Logan

Or it might look the same but contain new contents, so could be more to do with the editor.

La PLaca Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Max Kon

It's very good, bigger but the same price. It has the binding of vol 4 and comes with yet another placebo poster prog. It was a new designer that caused the change.

VampiraJen

no, i don't want old binding!!!  bring paperclips back!  at least you can see the full page without breaking the spine!!!

VampiraJen