Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 June, 2013, 04:32:24 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 June, 2013, 02:20:27 PM
Even knowing that's Ian Kennedy, aside from Dredd's boot (and the bloody great signature) I still can't get it as Ian Kennedy! Don't know why just doesn't look like his work to my eyes???

Check out the muzzle flash and the lighting on the shoulder eagle, not to mention the background vehicles - it's very Kennedy.  I suspect what's throwing you is the face - it's unlike anything he normally does, in fact if I wasn't looking at the original art there I'd suspect some Robin Smith bodging about the whole head area.  Maybe he was working directly from a Smith reference for the face?  Bloody lovely though, that special saw me through a wet fortnight in Waterford.

EDIT: Campbell beat me to it.

Fuck you'r right ..... the head is stuck on ....wonder whats under it ...??? 

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 27 June, 2013, 09:00:24 PM
Blimey, you've got your finger on the pulse, JJ! Nothing escapes your web crawling, does it  :)

My secret? Im just incredibily nebby,  ;)

Quote from: SimeonB on 27 June, 2013, 09:00:24 PM
JJ has money in his pocket and the wide world of eBay is waiting. What will he be posting on this thread next. Stay tuned...

I may have just been talking to a Scotsman. Who is this Scotsman? Who? indeed......

And supeb pages Dale. That Kennedy Special cover is knockout. But ive always had a bit of a soft spot for that 3 pager by Ewan Smith. Really takes me back, those. Without checking, is it from the 1982 Annual? Brilliant stuff, those early annuals.

TordelBack

Quote from: Fatboydale on 28 June, 2013, 04:42:48 PM
Fuck you'r right ..... the head is stuck on ....wonder whats under it ...???

DON'T DO IT MAN!

hippynumber1

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Fatboydale on 28 June, 2013, 04:23:36 PM
Dave Harwood written by Alan Moore Sci Fi special 1980

Um - might be wrong. Quite possibly am. But is that not the first thing Alan Moore did for 2000AD? And if I am right, does that mean it's the first Alan Moore ever? Coz if I am right, then that's quite exciting...  :D

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 28 June, 2013, 05:29:02 PM
Peel it off! Do it NOW!
Use steam to make it peel naturally! You have a duty to find out!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fatboydale

Quote from: Skullmo on 28 June, 2013, 06:23:13 PM
Peel it off! Do it NOW!

Not gonna do it ....

Right Brain Boxes who drew this ??? 2000 AD Annual 1980 "The Man Who Saved the World"

Skullmo

I just realised I had not posted this one here! I got this a while ago.

For all the Hicklenton fans  ::)

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 28 June, 2013, 06:31:50 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 28 June, 2013, 06:23:13 PM
Peel it off! Do it NOW!

Not gonna do it ....

Right Brain Boxes who drew this ??? 2000 AD Annual 1980 "The Man Who Saved the World"

That looks strangely like Cam Kennedy

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Skullmo on 28 June, 2013, 06:41:44 PM

"Strangely" presumably in the sense of "looking nothing like Cam Kennedy's work whatsoever"...? That's almost certainly the work of jobbing-agency-Spaniard/Italian/Brazilian that we could probably identify in moments if Rufus was still around...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Skullmo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 June, 2013, 06:46:18 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 28 June, 2013, 06:41:44 PM

"Strangely" presumably in the sense of "looking nothing like Cam Kennedy's work whatsoever"...? That's almost certainly the work of jobbing-agency-Spaniard/Italian/Brazilian that we could probably identify in moments if Rufus was still around...

Cheers

Jim

Insofar as the figures have the same motion, the aliens look similar, the faces have the same construction, the panel composition is similar. It's just no where near as confident as his work.

Fatboydale

Spikes

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 June, 2013, 06:46:18 PM
That's almost certainly the work of jobbing-agency-Spaniard/Italian/Brazilian that we could probably identify in moments if Rufus was still around...

Cheers

Jim

Thats sounds about right.
And with out digging out my copy of the Annual, was this even drawn especially for 2000ad, or was it an already produced story that they simply used?

TordelBack

Can't tell who it is, but judging by that last panel I'm guessing he drew about a hundred Starblazers...

Some lovely Torque2 there Skullmo!