Main Menu

I've ordered Rouge for the Xbox

Started by WoD, 07 April, 2006, 01:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

and also seen it for ?17.99 on play (I think) for the PC...good price.

It was 29.99 on Xbox from Gameplay.

Now looking forward to 4-player co-op...

Buttonman

Rouge eh? Get some blusher while you are at it you big girl!

WoD

It was looking a little in the shade what with the 360 you know!

Buttonman

Had a scout about and it's pretty tough to get the PS2 version for less than ?29.99 although Game go for a competitive ?34.99.

Amazon have it for ?29.99 and have a helpful one star review from a tit who didn't like DvsD and assumes this'll bite too.

Best price? Tesco although you have to add ?1.50 or so post - or add it to the missus' shopping order...

Link: http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=687121" target="_blank">Every microscopic bit helps...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Ordered for the PC from Play.

You know, I'd have bought it from here if I could.
Lock up your spoons!

Devons Daddy

got this review of the game from XBOX gamespot.
i just cut and pasted for the gathered here.
looking good. !!!

Rogue Trooper Impressions
We enjoy a brief demonstration of Rebellion's upcoming action game, inspired by a character from the developer's own comic book.
During a recent meeting with Eidos, we had an opportunity to check out the latest work-in-progress PlayStation 2 version of Rogue Trooper. Inspired by the 2000 AD comic book character of the same name, and being developed by UK-based Rebellion (who owns said comic book), Rogue Trooper is a third-person action game in which you'll assume the role of the titular one-man army as he hunts for the traitor responsible for the deaths of his brothers-in-arms.

In Rogue Trooper, you get to play, well, a rogue trooper.
The first level that we got to see being played was titled "Together Again," which is no doubt a reference to the fact that three pieces of Rogue's equipment incorporate biochips containing the digitized personalities of his fallen squadmates. The upshot of the whole biochip situation is that Rogue's equipment has enough intelligence to perform some of the actions that would previously have been performed by the other squad members. Rogue's gun, for example, is named Gunnar, and it can be deployed as a turret with auto-targeting at any time. Rogue's helmet, on the other hand, is named Helm, and can be used to hack into security systems and such while Rogue (and Gunnar, perhaps) keeps the area clear of enemies. Rogue's other gadget is a backpack named Bagman, which we've yet to see in action.

The level took place on the desolate-looking surface of the planet Nu Earth, and tasked Rogue with infiltrating a building guarded by enemy soldiers from the Nort Republic. Memorable moments from the level included having Gunnar shoot at enemies in turret form while Rogue used a pistol to "blindfire" at them from behind a crate; having Helm crack a security door open while Rogue used a stationary gun emplacement to shoot at a large enemy gunship; and ducking in and out of cover with a powerful sniper rifle to take out enemies from a great distance.

Rogue Trooper will feature a total of around 12 levels, two or three of which will be vehicle-based, inasmuch as you'll be inside a vehicle for their duration. One of the levels that was mentioned, for example, will task you with manning a gun on the side of a helicopter, while the level that we got to see was titled "Hovertrain Journey." In the level, you'll stand on a train that's coming under fire from bipedal-creature-riding enemies on both sides, as well as from bad guys flying in the skies above. You'll defend the train by moving between three different gun emplacements and taking out any enemies who manage to slip past those defenses and board the train.

Something tells us that you're not in Kansas anymore.
All of Rogue Trooper's character models and weapon effects looked quite impressive during our demonstration, although many of the environmental textures looked bad when Rogue got close to them. Rogue Trooper definitely looked like it'll be a lot of fun after we actually get our hands on it, and we were excited to learn at the end of our meeting that the game will feature special cooperative missions for up to four players (split-screen or online), in which you'll plat as Rogue, Gunnar, Bagman, and Helm before the squad ceased to be.

We'll bring you more information on Rogue Trooper, which is currently scheduled for release in spring 2006, as soon as it becomes available.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

James

Bet you're wishing you could edit your thread title, eh WoD?

I, Cosh

We never really die.

I, Cosh

although Game go for a competitive ?34.99

As I was trying to say...

I always find it's best to shop at Game. It's worth paying a couple of quid more for the fact that you can get a game, finish it then take it back and get another one with no questions asked.
We never really die.

Noisybast

You wouldn't be talking about the kind of "finishing" that requires an eyepatch and a parrot, would you...?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

I, Cosh

Took me a while to get that (despite my icon's nickname of Il Pirata.) ;-)

No, I mean the kind of finishing where you get to the end of the game and kill the last big guy! You do have to carefully consider what order to buy the games in: an adventure like Shadow of the Colossus or a shooter like RT should easily be finishable in ten days, while something like Tekken or Burnout which requires a long time to master and unlock everything is best kept hold of.
We never really die.

Floyd-the-k

don't laugh.
  Is it worth getting the game for PC? I've got no intention of getting an Xbox or PS2, but wouldn't mind playing Rogue on this computer once in a while.

WoD

Noisybast

If Dredd Vs Death was anything to go by, it'll be identical in every respect.

I'd prefer it if Rebellion took advantage of the PC's superior horsepower & beefed the game up a bit, like Rockstar did with San Andreas, but I can't see it happening, unfortunately.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Artificial Idiot

We enjoy a brief demonstration of Rebellion's upcoming action game, inspired by a character from the developer's own comic book... Inspired by the 2000 AD comic book character of the same name, and being developed by UK-based Rebellion (who owns said comic book)

I think... I think they're trying to tell us something here, just can't place my finger on it... ;)

That sounds really good though, especially happy to see that Spammels have made it into the game!