Main Menu

Verdus - a reprint request.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 07 April, 2004, 06:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

This is one for Alan Barnes or Jamie Boardman or anyone else who could get this reprinted. Please?

* Importantly it's a great story, with great concepts, and great art. That'd be all you need but also...

*It's a classic character.
*The current revival gives it a bit of advertising in the weekly.
*It's the right size - 20 odd episodes means it makes a chunky collection, and it's comparable to Flesh, Bad Compant, Time Killer, Harry 20, Hell Treckers.
*It's by still popular, and rightly so, legendary droids.
*It's not been reprinted in years.
*It's got more imagination, style, and dark and daring plot twists than most anything you can name.
*There's some great covers to the Quality reprints that Ian drew that are seldom seen.
*And going off Ian Gibsons enthusiastic discussion of changing the page layouts from what John Wagner had sent because he had this great idea I bet he'd write an introduction in no time.

Verdus - you know it makes sense...

(Mind you there might need to be some Darkies Mob style revising of the dialogue of the first couple of episodes.)

philt

Followed up with a nice reprint of the Day Of The Droids

The Amstor Computer

I'd go with a TPB of Verdus, possibly under some kind of "Classic 2000AD" Rebellion imprint.

In an ideal world, I'd love to see Rebellion publish the best of the classic thrills in hardback editions alongside cheaper paperback collections of more recent strips like Caballistics Inc.,  Judge Death and Nikolai Dante.

Steamboy

I say reprint, never read it. I'd like to see what all the fuss is over this classic Robo-hunter(only have the millar ones to go by). However i dont get the delux Hardcover GN's(too expensive over here) so I'd like to see it in Extreme editions(maybee to tie in with Samantha Slades second story) or if they're all booked up what about 2000AD gold in the Meg.

CU Krestel

JamieB

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Monarch

Hard back version of return to verdus coming soon hee

Devons Daddy

J-BO-1

you know just how to get us all excited dont you!
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

Jamie, if you weren't a man I'd propose to you right now. Ah, what the heck? Trip to California?