Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Banners on 09 March, 2010, 01:11:27 PM
We've had a delivery of DVDs go missing.

Our client commissioned us to do the whole package. They sent us an ISO, we did the artwork then sub-contracted the manufacture and print to a DVD-pressing plant - all with the client's knowledge.

The plant then sub-contracted delivery to the courier. We have proof from the courier that the goods were signed for at the designated address, but the client says they are not there, and that there is no-one there by the name of the signatory.

Who is responsible for this? Me, the DVD manufacturers, the courier or the client?

M@

I would say that the client and/or the courier is to blame but the question is is how did the goods get signed for by the client which the couriers are claiming by a non-existant person ?

Someone signed for them.

The client could be trying something on here but its really the responsibilty of the client to chase that up with the courier because there is no way that you are responsible for the goods while they are in transit.The plant were responsible for approving the courier as well so it was effectively out of your control and your remit.

You cant trust hardly anyone these days.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

I once had a long argument with a firm about them claiming not to have rec'd something - even after obtaining a photocopy of the signature, they wouldn't budge - they admitted they had a security guard by that name but still said it wasn't delivered because "he doesn't work that day". Must be a feckin coincidence then!  ::)

Zarjazzer

My voice box changey thing arrived today but with no ac adaptor despite the fact it's supposed to be with it. I have a nice bit of metal that doesn't do anything and will now have to e-mail/phone and generally be pissed about until i can "prove" it's not my fault and am not some crook trying to get a free adaptor off them. It's just so irritating and the second time this has happned when buying a electronic jolly item for my geetars.  :(

God hates my guitar playing. (can't blame him really)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Rog69

I overheard a conversation between two young ladies at one of the customers I frequently visit, they were rating the sexyness of the engineers (of which I am one) from the company I work for. I butted in to ask how I rated and they told me I was definitely just inside the top ten.

There are only eight of us  :(.

Mike Gloady

That means there's a fictional person who's sexier?  OUCH.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Kerrin

Managed to drop my phone whilst drunk last night (I blame the swine who made me drink those tequilas), lost the battery cover and cracked the screen. Bollocks! Realised (after speaking to 3 different people at Vodafone today) that I'd cancelled my phone insurance a year ago to save some money. Double bollocks! That said, I've managed to find replacement parts on ebaY for under £15 and a video on youtube showing how to replace the screen. Thank Grud for the internet.

And it's the couriers problem Banners.

Roger Godpleton

Got an unsightly rash next to my armpit. Reckon it's the 'betes or the 'gitis. I dunno, I'm not a doctor. Whatever.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Kerrin

Sure it's not a reaction to your new BO-basher Roger? Maybe you need to return to the loving arms of Lynx Africa.

TordelBack

QuoteReckon it's the 'betes or the 'gitis.

All I know from my extensive knowledge of medical dramas is that it's never lupus.

And yeah, it's the couriers' fault, reason being they're the only people in the chain who can't demonstrate that they did what they were paid to do:  i.e. confirmed delivery to the right address.  Having been in this boat myself, I appreciate that this will not help you get paid.  Clients are funny about paying for things they didn't receive, and couriers are funny about paying at all.

COMMANDO FORCES

Bollocks.
There I was waiting for 12:00 just in case the postie has some Dredd winnings for me and then I can rush down the town to see if that Comic Heroes is in, with the magnets. I thought why not print off the maps and directions for the Hell-Trek pick-ups so off I go. Black in is getting low so I change it, only when I break the seal the ink decides to squirt out over my bloody fingers ::)

I, Cosh

Over the last month or so my ten year old aol e-mail account has suddenly started to attract an inordinate amount of spam. Then, tonight, I got home from work to find some manky little junkie cunt hanging around my top-floor landing, rattling my letterbox. When challenged he made some pathetic attempt to make out he'd gone to the wrong door. I later noticed that my name had been removed from the door.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Cosh,

I spy id theft!

As for my impediment: If it's any consolation, I've just finished working after starting at 8 this morning. A whopping 16 hours, 45 minutes.
Lock up your spoons!

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 March, 2010, 10:43:29 PM
I later noticed that my name had been removed from the door.

Get you, we only have a number :P

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 March, 2010, 10:43:29 PM
Over the last month or so my ten year old aol e-mail account has suddenly started to attract an inordinate amount of spam. Then, tonight, I got home from work to find some manky little junkie cunt hanging around my top-floor landing, rattling my letterbox. When challenged he made some pathetic attempt to make out he'd gone to the wrong door. I later noticed that my name had been removed from the door.

You should have called pest and vermin control.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Damn, I just started my Lasagne for this evening, getting the mince done now. Chopped the onion up, oil in pan, put onion in, added pepper, Italian seasoning, red wine, Worcester sauce and then realised I was meant to pop down to the butchers to get some mince  ::)

Guess where I am off now  :-[