Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Installing cable in someones house today, his order included an N-Router but because of the VOLCANO, Virgin haven't got any country wide, so we provided the customer with a standard G-Router. The bastard only starts kicking off at us not believing a word of it and wanted us to hang around while he tried to get hold of customer services to confirm what we have told him, Prick. Like we didn't have any more jobs to do and your our only customer, Arse Hole.
Why would we make up something like that just to give him a G-Router. We as installers get the brunt of everything that is beyond our control. Why can't customers think before mouthing off.
To cap it all his PC was in the same room as the modem and the house was a modern 3 bed with paper thin walls. He may even browse this website as around his computer area was plenty of SCI-FI morabelia books GN's etc, So if you live in Ashby and was installed today (Friday 23-4-10) by virgin media you seriously pissed me off but being the professional I am I bit my tongue.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

Quote from: vzzbux on 23 April, 2010, 11:15:23 PMWe .... get the brunt of everything that is beyond our control. Why can't customers think before mouthing off.

I work in a call centre.

I feel your pain.

Roger Godpleton

Britney's dad is making her wear a bra in public all the time. :(

Also the Spider-Man musical looks pretty dead.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Quote from: vzzbux on 23 April, 2010, 11:15:23 PM
So if you live in Ashby and was installed today (Friday 23-4-10) by virgin media you seriously pissed me off but being the professional I am I bit my tongue.

Y'know what that guy needs, don't you V?

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Quote from: Mikey on 22 April, 2010, 01:46:27 PM
My cat.

This morning it had thrown most of it's litter onto the floor, seemingly so I could better see what a big shite it had done overnight. So I clean up the mess, and lift the tray only to find my cat managed to piss under it. So I cleaned that up too.

Then when I go back into the living room it had boked all over the sofa.

sigh

Ugh. Exile the damn thing to the garden shed!
STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

My car decided to crash itself, albeit really, really slowly last night. I had the handbrake "fixed" only last  month too.

I'd have posted this in the Life Spugs thread but on inspection there's no damage done. Those original Austin headlight peaks are made of strong stuff!

COMMANDO FORCES

After buying the wife another set of 'Egyptian' cotton bedding (Drokk it's costly) and putting it on the bed mere minutes ago, I have found a mark on 'my' cuffed pillow slip. So I'll be using the old cream slip until I can change it tomorrow.
White bed linnen, aaaargh! After nearly 18 years of marraige I finally caved in and bought 'WHITE' bed linnen ::)

vzzbux

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 April, 2010, 06:47:01 AM
Quote from: vzzbux on 23 April, 2010, 11:15:23 PM
So if you live in Ashby and was installed today (Friday 23-4-10) by virgin media you seriously pissed me off but being the professional I am I bit my tongue.

Y'know what that guy needs, don't you V?

No I am not smashing his windows, unless he complains and it effects my monthly targets. I know where you live.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Lady Festina

I moved house today (mostly) and left my mobile phone behind.... (a very minor impediment)...

And I really should learn how to reverse park a van. Or a car for that matter.....

vzzbux

Quote from: Lady Festina on 24 April, 2010, 11:22:25 PM
I moved house today (mostly) and left my mobile phone behind.... (a very minor impediment)...

And I really should learn how to reverse park a van. Or a car for that matter..... or drive in general.

There fixed that for you. ;)

VNP
Drokking since 1972

SuperSurfer

Silly ****ers in this block. 12am and I hear non-stop banging. Doors, windows and God knows what else. Non- ****ing stop. Then come the mornings, flat front doors start slamming. I don't understand the brains of some people. I bloody sleep with earplugs or in-ear earphones and I still get woken up in the mornings.

Sick of flats and inconsiderate morons. I already told the idiots upstairs a few weeks ago I could hear them walking with shoes at 2.15am. They cut that out but still I hear never ending knocking noises.

This block is solid concrete so we hardly hear any air borne noise but I don't see why some people need to keep on knocking stuff (baffled as to what it is) as that kind of noise really travels. I can't tell if it's coming from upstairs or downstairs.

I need to update the block rules list and give it to all residents to tell them to bloody be considerate after 11pm. Such a wind up.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 25 April, 2010, 12:17:00 AM
Silly ****ers in this block. 12am and I hear non-stop banging. Doors, windows and God knows what else. Non- ****ing stop. Then come the mornings, flat front doors start slamming. I don't understand the brains of some people. I bloody sleep with earplugs or in-ear earphones and I still get woken up in the mornings.

Sick of flats and inconsiderate morons. I already told the idiots upstairs a few weeks ago I could hear them walking with shoes at 2.15am. They cut that out but still I hear never ending knocking noises.

This block is solid concrete so we hardly hear any air borne noise but I don't see why some people need to keep on knocking stuff (baffled as to what it is) as that kind of noise really travels. I can't tell if it's coming from upstairs or downstairs.

I need to update the block rules list and give it to all residents to tell them to bloody be considerate after 11pm. Such a wind up.

You should sell up and move as soon as possible because you might just as well be trying to train monkeys by asking them to be considerate because the stress it is causing just isnt worth it if its ruining your quality of life at home.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 25 April, 2010, 12:27:38 AM
You should sell up and move as soon as possible because you might just as well be trying to train monkeys by asking them to be considerate because the stress it is causing just isnt worth it if its ruining your quality of life at home.
Yeah, I think like that sometimes, but unfortunately you never know what you're in for with flats. I've had it with conversions and noisy floorboards. We thought that things would be better in this purpose built block. At least the idiots downstairs will be away soon until the end of summer and then they are moving out officially, so we'll have peace from that direction at least. Until the next lot of noise makers move in.