Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

The A406 underpass at Chingford is closed, what a bloody nightmare I had trying to avoid the cars trying to jump in front of me from all lanes  ::)

Devons Daddy

i promoted my secretary/PA to use the new term, to a job in membership, better money, better hours, she deserved it.
but now we dont have any work permits to employ a new one, and locals are not that common for such posts.

i have to spend time doing my own reports,
really need to learn how to use spell check.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dandontdare

I've just bought a new touch-screen phone because my old one kept cutting out and telling me I had an 'invalid battery'. It's making me feel old and incompetent 'cos I haven't got a  clue what I'm doing with it. Took me all morning to transfer my contacts, and scrolling around the touch screen is weird - I'm prodding, stabbing and sliding all over the shop, and if I get to the screen I want, it's more luck than judgement. The e-mail and web functions may as well be sorcery.

I remember when I used to roll my eyes at my parents being unable to set the video, but now I know how they felt!

COMMANDO FORCES

I know how you feel DDD, I had great fun moving from a Nokia to a HTC touchscreen but it was worth it in the end. The net is always at my fingers and so are you lot on here  ;)

mogzilla

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 May, 2010, 01:57:00 PM
I know how you feel DDD, I had great fun moving from a Nokia to a HTC touchscreen but it was worth it in the end. The net is always at my fingers and so are you lot on here  ;)

:o does anyone else feel dirty?

Roger Godpleton

1 year and 3 weeks before I'm 25. Might as well stock up on zimmerframes now.  :(
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

Not made it out to a comic shop for 3 weeks and am suffering Thrill Power withdrawal symptoms.

On the plus side, the first two corners of the green house base (concrete foundation and bricks) are actually level.  It's on quite a slope so I'm impressed I got the sums and digging right.  But next time, she gets a ring.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

vzzbux

A member of Joker squad, Darman from Omega squad and Scorch from Delta squad have gone AWOL and it is doing my head in.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

Why cant the BBC Weather website show what the windspeeds and directions are over the UK ?

Where is that information or is it irrelevent ?

I work outside quite a lot and i need to know about windspeed and directions.

Stupid

>:(
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

TordelBack

Quote from: vzzbux on 10 May, 2010, 12:43:01 AM
A member of Joker squad, Darman from Omega squad and Scorch from Delta squad have gone AWOL and it is doing my head in.

This is what you get for allowing flame-haired temptresses become Stormtroopers.  I'd check nearby motels.

TordelBack

Quote from: Kerrin on 10 May, 2010, 07:24:54 AM
Try this Peter...

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

I use Accuweather for wind forecasts for sailing - it's pretty amazingly accurate, down to the nearest hour.  This one is for Beachy Head, which isn't a million miles from you, but you can probably get closer:

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/sailing-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&site=26EG;Beachy%20Head

Peter Wolf

Thanks for that TB and Kerrin.

I have to know this because i often work up scaffolding and sometimes on roofs so i have to know about wind speeds etc because i have to keep the workplace and materials secure and for many other reasons.

Not that it matters at present because i have no work but its starting to pick up again plus the fact i just talked to the VAT office and they are saying themselves that businesses are filing higher value returns which means that some kind of recovery is happening although its quite slow.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I've been trying to get a large chunk of my money transferred from my Irish account to a newly set up Australian account and the Bank of Ireland have been pissing me off for the last two hours.

[rant]First, I asked my father to see if he would be able to transfer the money from the account, but they told him that I would have to send them a signed letter with all the details from both accounts to them. While I'm sure that the post system is very secure here, I know that Irish one is not. I phoned them up with my complaint and asked if a fax would be sufficient, but they said it needed to be a hand written letter. Worst of all is that the person on the phone not only knew me, but she also knew both my parents. I think I have something sorted now though.[/rant]

vzzbux

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 May, 2010, 08:02:06 AM
Quote from: vzzbux on 10 May, 2010, 12:43:01 AM

This is what you get for allowing flame-haired temptresses become Stormtroopers.  I'd check nearby motels.

UPDATE

Darman has been found in the Galactic hero's millenium falcon cock pit sporting Asajj Ventress's lightsaber for protection, along with Scorch's back pack and Indy's hat. Still no sign of Scorch or Hondo Karr.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.