Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Hmmm, that Hondo is a scoundrel and no mistake.  Chances are he and Aurra Sing have Scorch imprisoned somewhere (is that original Scorch or multi-pack Scorch, BTW?).  Have you checked Slave 1's hold?  

My Concept Art Anakin Skywalker figure is the one most prone to unscheduled offworld travel.  For some reason The Boy prefers him to the sanctioned Anakin he owns.

Of more concern is Iggle Piggle's regular hijacking of the Playskool X-Wing, with Makka Pakka in the droid slot.  Not unamusingly The Boy refers to this lethal fighter ace as "Blue Five".

And Gavin:  Irish Banks are unhelpful scum, by policy.  They're attempting to balance up for being overly 'helpful' for 10 years while there was imaginary money in it for them.  Two wrongs, however...

M.I.K.

Not only has my PC stopped connecting to the internet for no discernible reason right when I need it for far too many things, but the first thing I see when I manage to get the use of someone else's for half an hour is that David Cameron's the prime minister.

At the moment both of these are, (highly aggravating), minor impediments. I'm hoping they don't both develop into something for the "life spugs" thread.

vzzbux

The country already is in the life spugs stage, the only way is up....eventually...

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

M.I.K.

Fixed the problem with my PC. Turned out to be corrupt files.

I can't help thinking there's something strangely appropriate and ironic about that.

Rog69

Thornton's toffee is brilliant for removing dental crowns.

Rog69

So, aside from losing a crown to the worlds gloopiest toffee yesterday, I also received a birthday card from my brother, already opened and sans money, and my expected copy of Arkham Asylum GOTY was also very conspicuous in it's absence from my mail delivery.

To top it all off, it took so long to get the Birthday Curry I ordered that I didn't have time to watch Avatar last night (Every time I plan on watching that film something gets in the fucking way and I still haven't even seen it once yet :'()

Somewhere a member of her majesty's postal service is probably living the birthday I had planned for myself yesterday, I'll probably come home early and find him enjoying the birthday shag that I never got last night because the wife felt too full after her curry.

worldshown

There's a cat in me greenhouse what am I gonna do?
I'm gonna replace the broken pane of glass the fucking thing left when it panicked, forgot how it got in there and made its own exit via the side.
That's what I'm gonna do.

Sigh.

James Stacey

... bitches!
I'm sure dating wasn't this complicated in the 90s. All this texting etiquette bollocks

Jim_Campbell

... because what I thought was a Mini DVI -> DVI adaptor was actually a Mini DisplayPort -> DVI adaptor, meaning that I now have a shiny new Cintiq and no way to connect the fucking thing to my computer.

In other news, a week after it was supposedly dispatched, my copy of CS5 has still not appeared.

Cock.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: worldshown on 13 May, 2010, 09:50:55 AM
I'm gonna replace the broken pane of glass the fucking thing left when it panicked, forgot how it got in there and made its own exit via the side.
That's what I'm gonna do.

THAT WAS EXTREME

vzzbux

Quote from: vzzbux on 10 May, 2010, 12:49:46 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 May, 2010, 08:02:06 AM
Quote from: vzzbux on 10 May, 2010, 12:43:01 AM
A member of Joker squad, Darman from Omega squad and Scorch from Delta squad have gone AWOL and it is doing my head in.
This is what you get for allowing flame-haired temptresses become Stormtroopers.  I'd check nearby motels.
UPDATE
Darman has been found in the Galactic hero's millenium falcon cock pit sporting Asajj Ventress's lightsaber for protection, along with Scorch's back pack and Indy's hat. Still no sign of Scorch or Hondo Karr.

UPDATE

Not a chance of finding the MIA's, even had disturbed and sleepless nights wondering where they are.
I have given in and my Hondo Karr has arrived from an E-BAY purchase now bidding on a Scorch, (Which was a single figure rather than the Delta set)

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

uncle fester

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 May, 2010, 11:27:22 AM
In other news, a week after it was supposedly dispatched, my copy of CS5 has still not appeared.

I didn't know CS5 existed...  :-\

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: uncle fester on 13 May, 2010, 06:56:44 PM
I didn't know CS5 existed...  :-\

Probably a bigger deal for Mac users than PC ones, TBH, since CS5 for Mac is proper 64-bit whereas the Windows version went 64-bit with CS4. It only came out about a week or so ago, I think.

Cheers!

Jim

Kerrin

Ooh, a Cintiq AND a copy of CS5, very nice. It's a bugger about the cable and delivery but still, ooh.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Kerrin on 13 May, 2010, 07:32:37 PM
Ooh, a Cintiq AND a copy of CS5, very nice. It's a bugger about the cable and delivery but still, ooh.

Had access to some finance, and with tax increases and a VAT hike on the horizon, I thought now might be the time for a splurge. :-)

Got a copy of Snow Leopard while I was at it, so the weekend is going to be spent upgrading the OS, Creative Suite and getting the CIntiq installed. That's going to be interesting!

Cheers!

Jim