Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Pete arm yourself with a cam corder set on night vision and a baseball bat.  Then post the results on you tube.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Rog69

Grrrr, last night it was too warm to sleep with the windows closed and the idiot chavs in the park at the end of my road were making a ton of noise until stupid o'clock this morning. My first proper weekend off for ages and I am all tired a grumpy now.
I hope it fucking rains tonight.

Dandontdare

it's the hottest day of the year and I missed most of it by sleeping till 2pm. I'm up now but with a stonking hangover from a very good 40th birthday last night. I plan to spend the rest of the day vegetating in the sunshine, smoking weed and reading comics. Actually, this may be in the wrong thread!  :D

IAMTHESYSTEM

Computer is infected with something nasty. Repair guys seem fairly positive but what was supposed to take a couple of days already stretching into a week. Bah!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Peter Wolf

I lost an Ebay auction because i was not able to be present online when the auction ended.

Still it had no bids at 99p this morning so i entered a high maximum bid so the winner had to outbid my maximum bid which in turn cost the winner a lot more cash.

:lol:
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Something Fishy

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 May, 2010, 02:16:35 PM
it's the hottest day of the year and I missed most of it by sleeping till 2pm. I'm up now but with a stonking hangover from a very good 40th birthday last night. I plan to spend the rest of the day vegetating in the sunshine, smoking weed and reading comics. Actually, this may be in the wrong thread!  :D

Congrats on the 40th.  Sounds like you had a cracker.  That's next for me, having just turned 39.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Something Fishy on 22 May, 2010, 08:35:21 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 May, 2010, 02:16:35 PM
it's the hottest day of the year and I missed most of it by sleeping till 2pm. I'm up now but with a stonking hangover from a very good 40th birthday last night.

Congrats on the 40th.  Sounds like you had a cracker.  That's next for me, having just turned 39.
Wasn't my birthday, I actually don't know the person that well, but we have lots of friends in common. It was in my old local which I haven't been in for years, saw lots of old faces and don't remember staggering home.

Mike Gloady

Finding either a buyer for my mum's old house OR a place I can afford is proving difficult.

Also there wasn't QUITE enough wind today to justify my brother and I taking his kids on a "let's fly daddy's expensive kite" mission.  Meant to be for the kids, really for us.  I want one. 

I'll settle for a house though.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

worldshown

A kite and a house Mike? I suggest that you don't watch "Up". It might give you ideas. :)

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

There was a man called Mike
Who turned his house into a kite...
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I went all the way to the boot fair only to find it was cancelled.On a day like today as well.

Fucking useless.

GRRRRRR
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

nev

House of Usher

There's a nasty smell outside, like [spoiler]sun-baked dog shit and piss[/spoiler]. I'm sure it can't be coming from my rabbits or their hutch as I cleaned it out today and didn't disturb anything that smelled as nasty as that. It definitely smells of carnivore/omnivore doings, but I've no idea where it's coming from. A few of my immediate neighbours keep cats, but there's not a dog within two gardens as far as I know. I wish whoever's garden it's coming from would sort it out and hose their patio down with immediate effect.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

I was ill on my last day off but it had all cleared by work return day. Now a new working week is done it appears my stomach is once again opposed to the notion of this girl having fun.

Nevertheless I opted to go for a walk.

"Are you going to the Co-op"
"Well, I might"
"Can you get a Sunday Mirror. I got one so I could get the World Cup wallchart for Patrick but it wasn't in it. It costs £1 and you could have got it for free at work from the canteen copy if only you had known"

Patrick is 18. or 17. If only I had known.

The ice cream had departed the Co-op. All except the obviously overpriced stuff. I opted to console myself with Co-op Cava Brut. It is insipid crap. This is not a drunken rant.

I missed the first 15 minutes of Money. Pete Campbell sounds all funny all of a sudden.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!