Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

My toilet is haunted. Poltergeist-ed. Pooh-sessed.
All of a sudden, at about 7pm today, it started flushing by itself. And it keeps doing it, every ten minutes. Flush flush flush. There's a phantom with a bad bladder infesting my bathroom and its getting annoying.
Okay, so its not really haunted, its obviously something to do with the seal on the flushing mechanism which means that once the ballcock is up (ooooh maaaaatron!) it doesn't stop filling, or something... But the haunted idea is cooler so lets go with that.
Its pissing annoying me now, flush, flush, flush. Its going to go on like this all night. Have to take time off work now tomorrow to get it sorted... Or not... Well, you could get used to it I suppose. And it MIGHT come in handy. One more step towards ultra laziness.... and you'd never have to worry about forgetting to flush and leaving a floater ever again.....
Must look into it.
The idea, not the toilet.
Oh, there it goes again, Fluuuusshhhhaaaaahhhhhh!!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Peter Wolf

Flush it again or wait until it has flushed itself and then wedge something under the ballcock mechanism to stop it filling up with water so it cant flush itself anymore or failing that turn the water off.

Take the lid of the cistern off and look inside it and watch what happens and see it for yourself what the problem is.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

My left armpit is itching, but I don't want to start scratching as it is prone to weeping.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Van Dom

Ah go on Rog, give it a scratch, ya know ya want to.
Ghost toilet is now fixed. Flusher arm was busted. Kind of miss it now though. :(
Cool thing is I now know how to sabotage toilets so they flush themselves. Mua-ha-ha-ha... that will come in handy for some pranking at some point in the future, I'm sure of it!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Peter Wolf

Callers who when you do 1471 it says "Caller withheld their number" and 0845 numbers.If these callers dont want to leave a message or disclose their number they can all just fuck off and if they dont want to leave a message then their reason for calling cant be that important or necessary.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

staticgirl

That's probably those automatic diallers for sales or banks.

Dandontdare

Join the Telephone Preference Service - it really cuts down the number of junk calls, and if you mention it to any cold callers that do get through, they usually apologise and get off the line pretty sharpish.

I seem to have been plagued by one of my personal per hates today - people who stop halfway through a door to finish a conversation - either go through, or come back in, but GET OUT OF THE SODDING DOORWAY!

Proudhuff

This thread is turning into a bob Dylan song...
DDT did a job on me

Hoagy

Ordered a Wacom Bamboo from PLAY.COM. on 2nd of June. 3-5 days of delivery has passed. Have to wait 21 more days 7 days after supposed arrival.

Has anyone ordered from PLAY.COM and do they use their own private service or regular posties?

As its free delivery I considered they use their own cargo haulage.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

House of Usher

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 June, 2010, 02:18:05 PM
I seem to have been plagued by one of my personal per hates today - people who stop halfway through a door to finish a conversation - either go through, or come back in, but GET OUT OF THE SODDING DOORWAY!

I get peeved by those people who insist upon going in the shop or getting on the bus before the people already inside have managed to get out. Quite simply, the more people you let out before you go in, the more space there will be inside once you get through the door.
STRIKE !!!

mogzilla

Quote from: Van Dom on 11 June, 2010, 10:18:18 AM
Ah go on Rog, give it a scratch, ya know ya want to.
Ghost toilet is now fixed. Flusher arm was busted. Kind of miss it now though. :(
Cool thing is I now know how to sabotage toilets so they flush themselves. Mua-ha-ha-ha... that will come in handy for some pranking at some point in the future, I'm sure of it!

ooh haunted bogs! a few weeks ago mine started well,puking for want of a better word so when i flushed it the sink started puking then the bath despite seventeen,yes i counted buckets of water at 4 o clock in the morn !  eventually sorted it by filling the bath and sink then as i was flushing the loo while pouring eighteenth bucket down i pulled the plugs on the sink and bath simples!

johnnystress

Bloody hell, illustrator is the biggest pain in the arse program I've ever encountered- something that took me 10 minutes to draw in flash is taking 2 days to sort out in illustrator-nothing does what it's supposed too >:(

House of Usher

This year I was asked at work to draw a flow chart in MS Word, comprising 48 separate items, three boxes wide. Quite a laborious business when you have to insert a new step right in the middle, which means moving everything else down the page by an inch and having to adjust arrows with two right angles in them. I gather there was another tool available for the purpose (i.e. Visio), but I was told just see how you get on with Word for now...
STRIKE !!!