Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 June, 2010, 03:43:58 PM
Weaver fish. owowowowowowowo

Oh no!  :o
When I was a kid and living in Brighton, I used to live in fear of stepping on a weaver fish. I thought something terrible and potentially lethal or at least debilitating might result from it. Consequently, from the age of 10 I would only paddle or swim while wearing plimsoles. Hope the pain wears off soon.

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 28 June, 2010, 07:02:18 PM
Especially since I was turned into a voodoo doll of a certain metal detector guy...

'Metal detector guy.' Now, that's hurtful!  :lol:
STRIKE !!!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 June, 2010, 03:43:58 PM
Weaver fish. owowowowowowowo

Stepped on a sea urchin when I lived by the Med as a small boy. At first they thought it was a Weaver fish and medical opinion was that I'd got off lightly, so you have my sympathies!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rog69

I caught a Greater Weever when I was fishing from a boat a few years ago, the skipper spotted me reeling it in and maniacally beat it to a pulp against the side of the boat with a big wooden club. I think he must have had a traumatic experience in the past with one.

Tiplodocus

I got one question wrong on my Regular Reading and Viewing today tarnishing my otherwise 100% record.

WH Smiths in Waverley doesn't have the Meg or the Prog in stock so I only have last months copy of SCIFI NOW to read.

This is offset by the fact that JOY IN REPETITION by Prince has just. shuffled onto my stereo and that. I hapve Disgea to play on my DS.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

House of Usher

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 29 June, 2010, 06:53:49 PM
I got one question wrong on my Regular Reading and Viewing today tarnishing my otherwise 100% record.

Huh?  :eh:
STRIKE !!!

Tiplodocus

It's a mandatory/regulatory thing we have to do every quarter covering things like money laundering, terrorist attacks, data security etc. In 5 years I don't think I've got a question wrong. Until today.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

I must have picked up 50 cigarette ends that were scattered all over the front yard after next door had their Barby last night.

Some people have no class and its probably the same kind of people who litter the church garden across the road who use the lawn as an ashtray and leave all their litter on the beach.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 29 June, 2010, 07:16:27 PM
It's a mandatory/regulatory thing we have to do every quarter covering things like money laundering, terrorist attacks, data security etc. In 5 years I don't think I've got a question wrong. Until today.
Wow! I didn't know anybody actually bothered to do it!

Minor impediment: I'd never heard of a weaver fish until this morning.
We never really die.

Noisybast

A lot of smokers seem to think the world is their own personal ashtray. Fag ends strewn everywhere.

Working for the NHS, I'm always taken aback by all the heavily pregnant women in pink dressing gowns that hang around out the front of the maternity block at Whiston, puffing away on their Woodbines and flinging the ends on the floor.

Mind you, the pregnoids don't have the monopoly on it. The main A&E entrance is always good for a comedy smoker or two. I particularly like it when you see the ones who've brought their drip stand down with them. You can't be that ill if you're willing to lug that thing all the way down here!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

mogzilla

have trouble sleeping...got some boots own sleepy tabs herbal it says on the tin...took them last night ...up all night feelings of anxiety paranoia and a wierd all over "ache" that i can only liken to when you have pins and needles but the sickening bit when you try to move on a small scale but all over my body!! didnt sleep a bleedin wink for all my troubles ...on a bright note was awake for the thunder last night!

Banners

Quote from: Banners on 22 June, 2010, 10:29:15 PM
Photoshop CS5 won't install. Bugger.

...and now Adobe Customer Support have given up trying to help. That's welcome thanks for spending thousands of pounds on their stuff.

M@

johnnystress

Quote from: mogzilla on 29 June, 2010, 08:13:19 PM
have trouble sleeping...got some boots own sleepy tabs herbal it says on the tin...took them last night ...up all night feelings of anxiety paranoia and a wierd all over "ache" that i can only liken to when you have pins and needles but the sickening bit when you try to move on a small scale but all over my body!! didnt sleep a bleedin wink for all my troubles ...on a bright note was awake for the thunder last night!

These 'sleeping tablets' sound a little like some acid I've had to me :)

staticgirl

I recommend Tescos brand of earplugs for dealing with noisy neighbours as they seem to be more comfortable than  the Boots version.

Emp

There is a certain type of person who annoy me to put it mildly.
The cretin theat appears at your door,flashes some crappy id badge and starts by saying
"Don't worry I'm not here to sell you anything!", before asking about your double glazing/energy supplier/roofing etc in the hope that you will suddenly lose all sense and take them up on whatever shite offer they claim not to be trying to sell you!!!

Glad i got that off my chest. It was either vent it here or chase him down the road with a bat.

Rog69

Quote from: Emp on 01 July, 2010, 07:42:09 PM
There is a certain type of person who annoy me to put it mildly.
The cretin theat appears at your door,flashes some crappy id badge and starts by saying
"Don't worry I'm not here to sell you anything!", before asking about your double glazing/energy supplier/roofing etc in the hope that you will suddenly lose all sense and take them up on whatever shite offer they claim not to be trying to sell you!!!

Glad i got that off my chest. It was either vent it here or chase him down the road with a bat.

My wife is a pain in the arse with these people, the only method she has of dealing with them is to tell them that her husband makes all the decisions and to come back later when I'm home from work  >:(