Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

"Essentially Muck" sounds like a high-class subsidiary of Otto Sump's company.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

House of Usher

I am still trying to stop Symantec taking money from my credit card for their crappy Norton Internet Security software I stopped using ages ago. Symantec's customer service is almost impossible to contact and pretty useless when you do get through to Delhi, because they just want to take your money, not give you service. Barclaycard's customer services department (also in Delhi) will open a dispute but only after I contact the 'merchant' and get an explanation of the charges from them, which is not as easy as Barclaycard likes to pretend it should be.

Don't buy Norton software, and never buy software downloads. You're much better off buying a disc and never mind the carbon footprint.
STRIKE !!!

Banners

I just renewed my Norton Internet Security today (oops!)

M@

House of Usher

Just ensure the default 'on-going protection' option isn't selected, and keep an eye out in case they start stealing from you if ever you decide to stop using it or upgrade to a different Norton product! In my case I switched off auto-renewal and they switched it back on again so they could go on charging.
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

Better still, use a free one like Comodo Internet Security Premium. (I know it's called "Premium," but it is free and I've been happy with Comodo's free products for years.)

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Noisybast

Quote from: Banners on 16 July, 2010, 04:44:44 PM

M@

For the love of grud, why?
It's a massively bloated resource hog, rivalled only by Windows Vista itself.

Please tell me you're not running Vista...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Peter Wolf

People who tidy up and throw things away without asking wether you still want them.I had an early 19th cent wooden chimneypiece/firesurround which i reclaimed about 3 yrs ago and it was stored in a friends basement which is semi derelict and is used for storage of junk.I knew exactly where it was and i found a use for it as it was going to go into a museum house that is being restored.I tell the curator that i have and he is welcome to but of course when i go to pick it up from where it was stored it is no longer there so i have to disappoint the curator of the museum house and i was annoyed that it was no longer where i left it.

I hate people who move things and tidy up and either throw things away or move them so i no longer know where they are.

>:(
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

mogzilla

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 July, 2010, 02:13:59 PM
People who tidy up and throw things away without asking wether you still want them.I had an early 19th cent wooden chimneypiece/firesurround which i reclaimed about 3 yrs ago and it was stored in a friends basement which is semi derelict and is used for storage of junk.I knew exactly where it was and i found a use for it as it was going to go into a museum house that is being restored.I tell the curator that i have and he is welcome to but of course when i go to pick it up from where it was stored it is no longer there so i have to disappoint the curator of the museum house and i was annoyed that it was no longer where i left it.

I hate people who move things and tidy up and either throw things away or move them so i no longer know where they are.

>:(

we have a nurse like that at work she keeps tidying my space/desk and hiding things!

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 July, 2010, 02:13:59 PM
when i go to pick it up from where it was stored it is no longer there so i have to disappoint the curator of the museum house and i was annoyed that it was no longer where i left it

Arrrrghh! Philistines. I do hope that got nicked or sold on and not chucked in landfill. Three years is a long time to be occupying someone else's storage space, but it would still be in my derelict garage after all that time, and I would have said "I'm having a clear out, so you'd better come and get it" before just chucking anything away. My girlfriend's mother, on the other hand, threw out a new pair of my girlfriend's lace-up boots that had been left in her stair cupboard about 3 months, and a working Atari games console and a dozen cartridges left in an upstairs bedroom cupboard. One of the hazards of leaving anything behind anywhere you've had a stake in.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I HATE bike maintenance.I was adjusting my gear cable because it was stretched and it was frayed and its basically fucked and now i have to replace it and i need it operational in the morning.

I should have just left it alone and paid someone else to do it which is what i normally do and if i had done that i wouldnt be fucking annoyed  >:( like i am now.

I just hate working on anything mechanical and it always always always winds me up.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Banners

Quote from: Noisybast
Quote from: Banners

M@

For the love of grud, why?
It's a massively bloated resource hog, rivalled only by Windows Vista itself.

Please tell me you're not running Vista...

I was running Kaspersky until it regularly starting shooting the CPU up to 99% for no reason. Norton had a free trial and it seemed to be okay for me. I bought an OEM license (naughty!) so no worries about auto-renewal. Still on XP here too :-)

M@

Something Fishy

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 July, 2010, 07:49:04 PM
I HATE bike maintenance.I was adjusting my gear cable because it was stretched and it was frayed and its basically fucked and now i have to replace it and i need it operational in the morning.

I should have just left it alone and paid someone else to do it which is what i normally do and if i had done that i wouldnt be fucking annoyed  >:( like i am now.

I just hate working on anything mechanical and it always always always winds me up.

I did that recently.  I've made a bit of a horlicks of it and probably need to take it for a service anyway.  Thing is i'm struggling to ride now because of failing eyes so should probably just give it up (though I love it).  I have an exercise bike at home now which is keeping me fit.

I get wound up trying to sort it all to.

House of Usher

I've found that the price for doing maintenance on anything is usually scuffed knuckles.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!