Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: House of Usher on 23 August, 2010, 11:01:06 PM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 22 August, 2010, 09:00:46 PM
My unconscious somehow dictates that I stand in an effeminate manner. As much as I can without showing off.

I say go the whole hog: get yourself a green carnation for your buttonhole.

...or feather boa and pink ipod, jampacked with effeminate fairy/prog rock (not that Van der Graff Generator are any such thing).

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 22 August, 2010, 09:00:46 PM
KFC, Milton Keynes. Somewhat of a less salubrious crowd had coalesced.

Thats very typical of KFC.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Rog69

The twat of a taxi driver that lives two doors down decided to jump start one of his decrepit taxis at 3.30 this morning, cue 20 minutes of excessive engine revving and car alarms that woke up my entire family and probably the rest of the street too.

I noticed one of my neighbours has already been round to complain, I'm going round a bit later when I'm in from work, he should be back in bed by then.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Rog69 on 24 August, 2010, 09:01:56 AM
The twat of a taxi driver that lives two doors down decided to jump start one of his decrepit taxis at 3.30 this morning, cue 20 minutes of excessive engine revving and car alarms that woke up my entire family and probably the rest of the street too.

I noticed one of my neighbours has already been round to complain, I'm going round a bit later when I'm in from work, he should be back in bed by then.

What is it with Taxidrivers ??

A friend had exactly the same problem with a taxi driver who lived next door who made his life hell so much so that he had to sell up and move house.

The funny thing was that once my friend had moved house the taxi drivers taxi was completely trashed under mysterious circumstances overnight.

:D
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Tiplodocus

I forgot that the front door out of work is still barred (those Camp Climate protesters) so had to go out the back.

This took an extra five minutes meaning I missed the 1930 from Edinburgh and now won't get home until nearly 2200.

Bollocks!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 August, 2010, 08:01:02 PM
I forgot that the front door out of work is still barred (those Camp Climate protesters) so had to go out the back.

This took an extra five minutes meaning I missed the 1930 from Edinburgh and now won't get home until nearly 2200.

Bollocks!

Oops. My flatmate's heavily involved with that lot - I'm checking the news regularly to see if he's been arrested!

Tiplodocus

No issue with them as such; my own stupid fault for forgetting).  Though it was thoughtful of them to arrange protests so they could also have a nice weekend at the festival.

Dandontdare

Yeah I've been taking the piss for weeks suggesting that half of 'em are only going for the cheap camping during the fringe!

He called me Wednesday night asking me to google the location of the RBS HQ and text him back as it was all going off quicker than expected.

Noisybast

Camp climate protesters? "Ooh, that carbon footprint is so last season, dearie", etc?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Dandontdare

A war-minge? Sounds like a fearsome new development in the arms race!

Hoagy

Heh, a camp affectation, if you please. Then again, it's all Green-peace innit?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Tiplodocus

For some reason they reported on the news this morning that an RBS ATM had been covered in treacle. But that it had been cleaned up.

I'm sure that on Sunday morning there were dozens of ATMs all round the country that were covered in vomit and kebab.  But they never reported those.

Rog69

The pile of ironing in the corner of our dining room is now so big that my four year old can climb to the top and slide down it.

JOE SOAP