Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquashedFly

I found out that my late uncle had been buying 2000AD since his teens and then his brother continued to do so, after I mentioned in passing to my mum that I had started reading Judge Dredd again. She always has said we would of got on once my interests flourished in my teens, unfortunately he died before that ever happened. And I think all those progs just got thrown out. I would of loved to have had those, as much for the sentimental value as the content itself.

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 03 October, 2010, 09:19:21 AM
Paul, simply because you made me laugh...
SBT

Hadn't noticed this before. Cheers SBT.   I actually have to go a bit further afield at some point in the week (pilgrimage to registry/registrar? office to get a copy of my birth certificate. apparently they charge about a tenner! One more thing to blame my mother for) so I'll have a scout around and see if there is a pound;and in the city in question.

I know the chances of actually finding these specific DVDs are slim but to be honest, it had never occured to me that those kinds os shops would sell DVDs at all so im bound to find something to fill my boots with.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 October, 2010, 12:17:45 PM
QuoteCafe Le Milf.

Is that really its name?

Yes, yes it is. Or rather, no. It should be though. From the owner on down, there isn't a single member od staff that doesn't qualify.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Paul faplad Finch on 03 October, 2010, 11:13:08 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 03 October, 2010, 09:19:21 AM
Paul, simply because you made me laugh...
SBT

Hadn't noticed this before. Cheers SBT.   I actually have to go a bit further afield at some point in the week (pilgrimage to registry/registrar? office to get a copy of my birth certificate. apparently they charge about a tenner! One more thing to blame my mother for) so I'll have a scout around and see if there is a pound;and in the city in question.

I know the chances of actually finding these specific DVDs are slim but to be honest, it had never occured to me that those kinds os shops would sell DVDs at all so im bound to find something to fill my boots with.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 October, 2010, 12:17:45 PM
QuoteCafe Le Milf.

Is that really its name?

Yes, yes it is. Or rather, no. It should be though. From the owner on down, there isn't a single member od staff that doesn't qualify.

Here you go :

Poundland Store Locator :

http://www.poundland.co.uk/store-finder/

No more time wasted.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Paul faplad Finch

You see, this is why the internet is wasted on me. It just wouldn't have occured to me to look for something like that.Cheers Peter.

Of course my laptop is choosing this very minute to play up and refuse to load any new sites - this one and twitter are running at the minute and even they are on a go slow - but I shall be on the library screen tomorrow (for that very reason, my laptop is struggling with Google maps and I need to find out whereabouts in the city the birth certificate place actually is) and shall peruse that link then.
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

House of Usher

And I'm sure you can obtain a copy of your birth certificate without leaving the house. Unless you have to send your request and payment by post. But I doubt it.
STRIKE !!!

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: House of Usher on 04 October, 2010, 01:30:35 AM
And I'm sure you can obtain a copy of your birth certificate without leaving the house. Unless you have to send your request and payment by post. But I doubt it.

This one is more of a problem. My life is lived with cash at the moment. I have no way of paying any kind of fee online.

I make myself feel better by telling myself that at least it gets me out and about a bit more.
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Peter Wolf

I have been invited to a funeral but i didnt realise it was this afternoon so its really short notice and i dont know if i want to go.There is a wake afterwards in Seaford as well.

I wish i had been given more notice and not only that i have mixed feelings about funerals for various reasons.The funeral and rememberence service is for Don Partridge and there will probably be interesting people attending it but its ridiculous that i get 1 hours + 10 minutes notice to prepare as its starting at 1.30 pm.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

nev

I have no fucking clue what to do for my final outcome in art.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Inev on 04 October, 2010, 04:51:21 PM
A giant robot fighting a pterodactyl on the Moon.

Easy. Who's next for the doctor's surgery?
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

Take some pictures of your teacher in the bath and apply some filters. ET FUCKING VOILA.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Keef Monkey

There's a guy in my college class who is essentially a hyperactive shaved chimpanzee who needs constant attention, sings loudly when you're trying to concentrate, throws things around, comes in drunk and rowdy, actually plays on his chair because the wheels amaze him so much and generally is making it difficult for me to focus at all. Lecturers don't seem to be bothering with it and the one who did say something to him got the response "I've got ADHD" and from then on has left him to it.

I'm hesitant to say anything because I seem to be the old fogey of the class and I don't want to come across as such, but today I actually got hit in the back of the neck with a spitball. A spitball. A fucking spitball. He apologised and said he'd been aiming for someone else, which of course makes it absolutely acceptable behaviour. What an everlasting cock-end that man is.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 04 October, 2010, 05:08:16 PM
A giant robot fighting a pterodactyl on the Moon.

That seems a bit unfair on the Pterodactyl, as its whole offensive capability is based around aerodynamic flight, and in that respect the moon really is a harsh mistress.  So it would have to have a jetpack, or be in a huge pressurised dome, which adds a whole other layer to the work.  It's a good job I got here before you started the piece, Nev.

nev

House of Usher

Quote from: Inev on 04 October, 2010, 04:51:21 PM

I don't know what a final outcome is, but isn't it cheating to decide that first and then see what the steps in the creative process are that get you there?
STRIKE !!!

nev

Well; I don't know what I'm working towards for it.
I've got an idea now, and I'm going to do work based on it, see how that turns out, and then maybe make my final piece based on said work.